How to get back the WFH files?

Files hidden with WFH will not be lost in your devices. :) However, sometimes you do cannot find them :ph34r: either because you forgot the password :o or your operating system changed :wacko: . In this case, please follow the steps below to retrieve your files: B)

1. Unzip and install the file downloaded from the link below.
https://downloads.wisecleaner.com/tools/WDR.zip

2. Open the main surface of the tool, choose the drive you used to place the files hidden. Then click "Search".
3. Find a folder named "...." (or, similar [[[[) in the left column. Then click the arrows below until you find the folder named "hide". (P.S. in the search box, do not enter any words!)
4. Click on the folder named "hide", a list of files will show up in the right.
5. Select the files you want to retrieve

WDR.png  wdr2.png

Ok, the WDR can find out and restore my hidden files/folder to another different drive. BUT how to delete the old one?

At Wise Care 365 you have Disk Eraser to erase the free space of an partition and File Shredder to prevent restore of files you want.

Maybe you can suggest them to add Delete to next versions of WDR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I updated my Wise Folder Hider and now I can't see the hidden folder. I can enter it with same password, but list is empty. I uninstalled and re-install a couple of times and also tried the WDR, but all didn't work.

Is there anything that I can do for saving my hidden folder? thanx...

I solved the issue with using a recovery prog named Recuva and saved all my files :]

• 4 months later...

At Wise Care 365 you have Disk Eraser to erase the free space of an partition and File Shredder to prevent restore of files you want.

Maybe you can suggest them to add Delete to next versions of WDR.

Sorry but can't delete those hidden folders although i could recover them with WDR.

Isn't there any way to reclaim that space (i found out that if you don't delete those folders then wise folder hider can't hide any more folders on that partition,see below )?

http://imagesup.net/?di=12138409633915

Found a way to delete those weird folders using MultiCommander.

Steps:

1.Navigate to the desired drive using multicommander

2.Enable hidden folders

3.Navigate inside the "..." folder till you reach the hidden folder .

4.Grant yourself full permission via the security menu under Tools.

5.Delete that folder to gain precious disk space

• 3 months later...

1. Unzip and install the file downloaded from the link below.

www.wisecleaner.com/tools/WDR.zip

I've just installed Folder Hider and already a file has completely disappeared. I downloaded the WDR file as suggested but when I unpack it and run it it says it can't open the language file and please reinstall. If I can't open WDR how can I retrieve my missing file?

Edited ..... after 4 or 5 attempts I finally managed to run the WDR file but the missing file does not appear in the "hide" folder. Where has it gone? Perhaps I did something wrong. I had opened the file so it was showing as "visible" in the Folder Hider window and I clicked on "password" to lock it, and that's when it simply disappeared. If you shouldn't try to add a password to a visible file, perhaps the program should prevent you from doing this. Can I get my file back?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi kaygee46,

Sorry for delay.

I follow your operation, but the hidden files is still displayed in Wise Folder Hider.

1, Run the WDR.zip (unpack all files to your local disk)

2, Run the exe file,

3, Select the drive and click scan

3.png

4, If you cannot find "...." folder. try to search your files in root directory.It may be unhide.

• 1 month later...

am gettting error as following
The following folder/file can't be unhidden.

*When I try to "unhide" it, it literally shows this message:

The following folder/file can't be unhidden: Pictures Error Message: Access is denied.

Can I system restore, to get all the things I had before downloading your software, then undo system restore to get back the documents I made for work after downloading your software, PLEASURE TELL ME MY PICTURES, VIDEOS, AND DOCUMENTS aren't lost forever, there has to be some way to restore what I had before downloading your software, and after I downloaded it.
i have also tried wise cleaner..it shows my files but can not restore it..after i press restore..it just gives folders with

PLEASEL HELP!!!i am crying

basic description of your system-windows xp
Specific error codes and/or warnings received-these files can not be unhidden and then access is denied

Any software or hardware that you recently installed or removed-none
Any recent changes that were made to the system-none
The amount of time that that you have experienced the problem-24 hours
The things that you have already tried to troubleshoot the problem-all you have mentioned in discussipon

saurabh28k: my advice is to give more informations that you can provide, then wait an answer from WiseCleaner (admin/developers)

For starters:

Windows version? x86 or x64? home, pro, ultimate, or what?

Are you starting wise folder hider as an administrator?

Are you using the latest (Wise Folder Hider) version?

• 3 months later...

Original message from Suresh (he reported the Saurabh28k's message instead of quoting/replying to it):

am gettting error as following

The following folder/file can't be unhidden: Pictures Error Message: Access is denied.

Can I system restore, to get all the things I had before downloading your software, then undo system restore to get back the documents I made for work after downloading your software, PLEASURE TELL ME MY PICTURES, VIDEOS, AND DOCUMENTS aren't lost forever, there has to be some way to restore what I had before downloading your software, and after I downloaded it.

i have also tried wise cleaner..it shows my files but can not restore it..after i press restore..it just gives folders with

PLEASEL HELP!!!i am crying

basic description of your system-windows xp

Specific error codes and/or warnings received-these files can not be unhidden and then access is denied

Any software or hardware that you recently installed or removed-none

Any recent changes that were made to the system-none

The amount of time that that you have experienced the problem-24 hours

The things that you have already tried to troubleshoot the problem-all you have mentioned in discussipon

Yes!!! I to have a same problem....please help me....i need my folder.....i hidden my picture folder in libraries....now try to open that....but its showing that same error mgs.

Am gettting error as following

I hidden my picture in libraries...i try to open that,but its showing error mgs like i mentioned above....

Please help me

• 10 months later...

I have the latest version of Wise Data Recovery 3.71.195 and when trying to open my 3 TB Seagate Expansion Desk (External USB Drive) I'm getting "Error: Can not get disk information"  I had successfully recovered files lost using Wise Folder Hider with this same drive before.  When I upgraded my OS to Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit and had to install a new Asus motherboard. Wise Folder Hider doesn't remember the drive.  If I could get Wise Data Recovery to find the }}}} folders/files like before I could rescue 1 TB of hidden data.

post-29976-0-09669300-1435252566_thumb.jpg

@Freyvar,

Please download the following tool - wise disk cleaner, and open Advanced Cleaner tab to check whether it get your disk info.

If not, please open %appdata%\Wise Disk Cleaner\ whether you can see the file - errorlog.txt, then send it to me.

Thank you!

http://forum.wisecleaner.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=1905

Sorry for the delay in responding!  I downloaded the latest versions (of all 3 Wise products here) and Wise Disk Cleaner and it DOES see my Seagate Drive E:  as does Wise Folder Hider.  Only Wise Data Recovery cannot see my E: drive (to recoernal.e Extver my lost WFH files).  I used Recuva to get back a few but Wise Data Recovery does a much better job of recovering .  I've used it successfully in the past!  There is no errorlog with Wise Disk Cleaner because it CAN see my Seagatate External Drive.  I'm confused still why it used to work and now with the same drive and newest versions it can't!? 

Thanks for the reponse,

Eric

Sorry for the wait. My drive is a Seagate 3TB Expansion Desktop Drive (Model: SRD00F2) I can post the P/N and S/N if that helps. It is USB (either 2 or 3). ALL Wise products can see the drive except for the latest Wise Disk Recovery. I installed a new Motherboard and Harddrive (With new Win 7 Pro installation) on my laptop (with the original Wise Folder Hider on it with ALL of my Hidden files on the Seagate still hidden) Oops! Recuva did an ok job but the most proven way for me in the past was using WDR (which cannot see it)

Thanks for trying to help!

Eric