Wise Folder Hider - Unhide problem

Hi, sorry for my bad english  :) (i speak Spanish)

I had installed Wise Folder Hider when using XP, but now i have Windows 7, the problem is that i forget unhide my folders before install Windows 7, and now i can't access my folders that i had hide before on XP. The hiden folders are not displayed today when i execute Wise Folder Hider.

How can i unhide my folders now?

Thank you so much!

//This solution don't works for me  :(

Hi and welcome, Marcelord :)

You're pretty good at English for we can fine read it :)

If you upgraded your computer from Windows XP to Windows 7 and not reformatted the hard drive during installation,

you should be able to retrieve your files in the Windows.old folder.

1. Click the button Start4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, and then click Computer.

2. Double-click the drive on which Windows is installed (usually drive C: ).

3. Double-click the
folder Windows.old.

4. Double-click the
folder Users.

5. Double click on your username.

6. Open the folder containing the files you want to get.

(If for example you want to get the files in the folder My Documents, double-click My Documents.)

7. Copy and paste the files from each folder to a folder in Windows 7

(If for example you want to get everything from the Documents folder,

copy all the files and folders and then paste them in the Documents library in Windows 7)

8. Repeat steps 5-7 for each user account on the computer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you can use this solution - it has saved my day many times :)

Regards

JP

Thank you very much J.P  :)

That's the big problem, I've reformatted my hard drive (drive C:) on which Windows was installed, the hiden folder is in drive E: and this is not formatted.

All the best!  :D

Hi and welcome, Marcelord :)

You're pretty good at English for we can fine read it :)

If you upgraded your computer from Windows XP to Windows 7 and not reformatted the hard drive during installation,

you should be able to retrieve your files in the Windows.old folder.

1. Click the button Start4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, and then click Computer.

2. Double-click the drive on which Windows is installed (usually drive C: ).

3. Double-click the folder Windows.old.

4. Double-click the folder Users.

5. Double click on your username.

6. Open the folder containing the files you want to get.

(If for example you want to get the files in the folder My Documents, double-click My Documents.)

7. Copy and paste the files from each folder to a folder in Windows 7

(If for example you want to get everything from the Documents folder,

copy all the files and folders and then paste them in the Documents library in Windows 7)

8. Repeat steps 5-7 for each user account on the computer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you can use this solution - it has saved my day many times :)

Regards

JP

• 3 weeks later...

hello i have the problem with WFH i hide some folders in previous window i boot a new window (window 7)  and i cannot saw my folders,my drive has the space but these folders cannot open what can i do please give me a wise advise about this issue thankx..the above trick was not working i dont have any winold folder in my system drive plz help

• 2 weeks later...

Please find a PC which has the same system with your previous windows , install a Wise Folder Hider, and follow the instruction below to retrieve your folders.

Please follow the instructions below to recover your files.

1. Unzip and install the file downloaded from the link below.

http://www.wisecleaner.com/tools/WDR.zip

2. Open the main surface of the tool, choose the drive you used to place the files hidden. Then click "Search".

3. Find a folder named "...." (yes! just four dots!) in the left column. Then click the arrows below until you find the folder named "hide".

4. Click on the folder named "hide", a list of files will show up in the right.

5. Select the files you want to retrieve, and click "Restore" at the right bottom corner.

6. In the incoming pop-up, save the files to a different drive (important!).

7. Open the specific folder in the different drive you chose in 6, voila!

post-3-0-59547100-1377859798_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

helllo,fist i want to thank you for this grate program,but ATM I've tried what you said about the recovery  and yet nothing is recovered,i facing a real problem here as i was using the Wise Folder Hider ,but i had to install a new windows ,and now i can't see or access the files which is urgent for me ,tried many times the solution of using the recovery and nothing is shown up,i can see the files by the recovery tool but i can't neither recover them or access them..appreciate your soonest reply

post-24754-0-65739900-1397462107_thumb.png

Hi moataz,

In the search box of WDR, don't type any words.

Try again!

well thanks really and appreciate your concern and help, but i found another solution maybe it helps other who had the same issue ,i simply installed the wise folder hider in the new windows and made the same password,for some how i was able to find all my files back in WFH without any problems and i was able to access them without any issue or recovery. hope that this will helps any one got the same problem ,and once again thanks admin for your help :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,   sorry for bad english

I have used this programme to hidden a directory on a usb harddisk.

i don't do window. i hide the files in my lappy with windows 8 pro on hdd . then i connect the hdd in the desktop pc

i tried to delete the .... folder , then when i connect hdd  in my lappy i found no hidden folder in wise folder hider

hidden in my hdd but i can see the hidden folder hidden in my other drives on my lappy.

i tried every thing as i reinstalled the software & put the same password but found nothing.

i tried to install the software in  other lappy with same hardware & put the same password but found nothing.

i can see the folder with glairy  utilities disk analysis but i can't cut or copy them .

please help me , there is 380 gb data hidden  in hdd.

:( why did you try to delete '....' folder?

I'm not sure following steps can help you to get back your hidden files, you can try it:

1, Click Here to download a tool

2, connect the HDD in your desktop computer

3, run this tool

4, select your HDD drive, then click Scan

5, find out '....' folder and expand it

6, select your hidden folder and click Restore

I think it may cost many time to restore your files.

1.png

I was explaining my friend that you can't delete the "....." folder.Thus i tried to delete the "...." folder.
I tried the wise data recovery tool but you can see in the picture that it's displaying that the hidden files
are lost but i tried to recover one of them but it didn't play.

But in the other picture of glairy utilities disk analyser, you can see that all the hidden folders are
there. Please help me. Can't you improve the wise folder hider like "kaka soft advanced folder encryption"
software, it display the hidden folders in other pc's and other virsons of windows.

am gettting error as following
The following folder/file can't be unhidden.

*When I try to "unhide" it, it literally shows this message:

The following folder/file can't be unhidden: Pictures Error Message: Access is denied.

Can I system restore, to get all the things I had before downloading your software, then undo system restore to get back the documents I made for work after downloading your software, PLEASURE TELL ME MY PICTURES, VIDEOS, AND DOCUMENTS aren't lost forever, there has to be some way to restore what I had before downloading your software, and after I downloaded it.
i have also tried wise cleaner..it shows my files but can not restore it..after i press restore..it just gives folders with

PLEASEL HELP!!!i am crying

basic description of your system-windows xp
Specific error codes and/or warnings received-these files can not be unhidden and then access is denied

Any software or hardware that you recently installed or removed-none
Any recent changes that were made to the system-none
The amount of time that that you have experienced the problem-24 hours
The things that you have already tried to troubleshoot the problem-all you have mentioned in discussipon

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, Don't worry if you have hidden your IMPORTANT DATA,  that you want to recover  at any cost, so first of all you don't have to pay a single penny from your pocket.

Now if you have installed new OS , then still you can get your data. Follow the steps below exactly and carefully :

1.) Download WinRar (which is free to download and use)

2.) Install WinRar in Your system.

3.) After successfully installing winrar, Open Winrar and follow these sub steps :

a.) open WinRar

b.) Go to "Command" Tab

c.) Under the command tab list choose "view file"

d.) choose the drive to view files ( hidden files)

4.) Now you will see a folder name in dotted like this --> "...." . open this folder

5.) now follow this path and keep open the folders to reach to your Data Files "..../00000/..../hidefolder/hide/"

6.) Now you have reached to your data files path and select your files or folder whatever you had hidden by wise folder hider, select your files or press ctrl+a to select all files

7.) now right click on selected files and choose "Add files to archive"

8.) a window will open, you dont have to change the settings, leave it as it is, browse to the folder where you want to extract your locked data and save it by any name

Note: it will get saved in rar extension file format, later you can access your files using winrar to extract your rar files

9.) The End, Hi5 :)  you have collected your locked data.

email me if you want more help [email protected] with the subject "HELP".

Thank You Guys I hope You would like my trick.

• 2 weeks later...

Please find a PC which has the same system with your previous windows , install a Wise Folder Hider, and follow the instruction below to retrieve your folders.

Please follow the instructions below to recover your files.

1. Unzip and install the file downloaded from the link below.

http://www.wisecleaner.com/tools/WDR.zip

2. Open the main surface of the tool, choose the drive you used to place the files hidden. Then click "Search".

3. Find a folder named "...." (yes! just four dots!) in the left column. Then click the arrows below until you find the folder named "hide".

4. Click on the folder named "hide", a list of files will show up in the right.

5. Select the files you want to retrieve, and click "Restore" at the right bottom corner.

6. In the incoming pop-up, save the files to a different drive (important!).

7. Open the specific folder in the different drive you chose in 6, voila!

attachicon.gif4KE(E3(5A}1CS)`QH{8S5.jpg

Thanks.

I tried this. -_- 

It restored the folder to the other drive BUT the folders were empty.

I could still see the files hidden inside the folders in wise data recovery window.

Then I tried restoring single file on other drive but that file just DID NOT get restored.

This is really irritating.

I am at my wit's end :( . Some of the hidden files in other drives got overwritten.  :angry:

Please help!