WiseJetSearch feature requests, bug reports, updated translations

PocketAppZ

• 7 months later...

The latest version 2.12.90 still has the same problem as the previous ones:

it can only be run in a Windows user account that has administrator privileges, it will not work in limited user accounts. Can you change the installation procedure so you can choose to make it available to all users on that machine, as many other utility programs do?

Not being able to use it in a Windows limited account is EXTREMELY annoying, as that requires having to frequently either switch accounts or go through extra steps in the limited account to run the program as Administrator

I find Wise Jet Search very fast and very useful. However, it gives choice to search only from whole drives, like "C", "D" etc. It is fast enough, but, may bring unwanted results.

I would appreciate if it shows further tree structure within a drive and allow the user, if he/she wishes do, to search a particular or multiple folders within the Drive. For example: We usually would like too search "My Documents", "My Pictures" etc. folders only and have no interest in searching program folders.

Thanks.

post-33870-0-46334100-1436672854_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just installed the portable version today, I'm blown away by it so far, but I already have a suggestion, which is to add an option to allow it to always open full screen instead of having to click on the enlarge button in the top right corner.

I don't find the small screen sufficient to see all the details of the results clearly.

• 4 months later...

Hey kolanp,

THanks and sorry for the delay.

1, There is necessary to an option to select the folders to search by user.

We will consider it, thanks.

2, The deletion of files is no problem but It could not be deleted the folders in search result.

Actually, it is not a bug. For security purpose, we want user to confirm each file in the folder  is useless and can be deleted.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to scroll through the results using the Page up and Page down keys.

Scrolling through 15907 results moving the scrollbar with the mouse is not precise enough and using the mouse wheel is too slow.

• 3 weeks later...

Bug Report: WiseJetSearch does not see all disks.

When WiseJetSearch has finished looking for volumes on disk 0 it looks for disk 1. If it is not present, it stops looking for other disks. See picture. post-25666-0-98497400-1471640230_thumb.jpg

How can it happen to have disk 4 without disk 1? Perhaps by removing disks 1, 2, and 3. I got it after configuring disks 0, 1, 2, and 3 to a new RAID disk.

I'm using the 3.32 version. When you've hidden a file or folden then reopened it after hiding it the result still shows. To hide it again you have to cancel the result then navigate to re-hide/close it again. Why not just be able to click on the result to do this?

Thanks for you suggestion I'll put it to the development team.

• 1 month later...

Bug Report: WiseJetSearch does not see all disks.

When WiseJetSearch has finished looking for volumes on disk 0 it looks for disk 1. If it is not present, it stops looking for other disks. See picture. attachicon.gifJetSearch.jpg

How can it happen to have disk 4 without disk 1? Perhaps by removing disks 1, 2, and 3. I got it after configuring disks 0, 1, 2, and 3 to a new RAID disk.

After removing disk 3 (deleting the virtual drive using RAID Web Console 2) the problem returned. See picture.

post-25666-0-27370000-1476423920_thumb.jpg

Diskinfo lists all my disks after B: but does not list disk B:

Questions:

Suggestions:

• The program window is a fixed size or full size - make it so you can resize the window to your liking.
  • The preset file specs (images, documents etc.) should be customizable - at the moment if you want to modify the preset it is too awkward (e.g. images has too many options, you then have to make lots of changes to it before searching!)
  • Make a setting to change the font size
  • When I open a document I have to confirm it every time - when I open the same document in File Explorer it opens without a confirmation.

TIA, Dave

After removing disk 3 (deleting the virtual drive using RAID Web Console 2) the problem returned. See picture.

attachicon.gifJetSearch2.jpg

Diskinfo lists all my disks after B: but does not list disk B:

Hey Georg,

Thanks for your feedback.

This issue may caused by RAID, we didn't test wise jet search in RAID.

We will check it and fix it shortly,

Questions:

Suggestions:

• The program window is a fixed size or full size - make it so you can resize the window to your liking.
  • The preset file specs (images, documents etc.) should be customizable - at the moment if you want to modify the preset it is too awkward (e.g. images has too many options, you then have to make lots of changes to it before searching!)
  • Make a setting to change the font size
  • When I open a document I have to confirm it every time - when I open the same document in File Explorer it opens without a confirmation.

TIA, Dave

Hey Dave,

1, I wise jetsearch, there is not a Settings window.

Below is the quick search window.

quick search.png

2, when you run wise jetsearch, the quick search window will appear on desktop top right. via quick search window, you can quick open wise jetsearch and search keywords.

Thanks for your suggestions.

• xilolee pinned and pinned this topic