WiseYoutubeDownloader feature requests, bug reports, updated translations

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been looking for a good Video Downloader, much preferably a Portable version.  Being very satisfied with Wise Disk Cleaner and Wise Registry Cleaner (Version 8.83) Portable versions, I was immediately excited when I found out there was a Wise Video Downloader Portable.

Unfortunately, I just can't seem to get it to work at all.  Hopefully someone has some insight as to what I'm doing wrong ... what I need to do or tweak.  I am using Windows XP SP3 Pro.  My computer has a Core 2 Duo Processor and 4 Gig of RAM.  I am using the latest avast Anti-Virus version.  I am using NetZero Dial Up.

Question:  Does Wise Video Downloader download ONLY videos from YouTube and Metacafe and no other sources?  Well, either way, I haven't even been able to download YouTube videos.  For example, just a while ago, I tossed this YouTube at Wise Video Downloader

and it was no dice.  No can do.  Failure.  Denied.  It's been the same results no matter what other videos I toss at it.  Yet Any Video Converter will download any video I toss at it.

I have enclosed an attachment image of the typical error that I get.

post-37732-0-69602400-1477146989_thumb.jpg

Probably you need to create the rule for it in your firewall (at least, outgoing tcp ports 80 and 443).

By the way, I also have tried it and I haven't always got the videos: sometimes it has downloaded the videos I have searched, sometimes it hasn't (disregarding how many clicks I have done on the re-try button).

I think I might have found the solution.

The previous version I had been using was 2.11.81.  For whatever mysterious reason, that one didn't work.  In searching around for what other Video Downloaders I could try, I happened to come upon a newer version of Wise Video Downloader ... version 2.43.93.  It was an Installer version, but it gave me the option to generate a Portable version, which I did.  I tried it out and BAMM!  It worked perfectly! :)

Unlike with the previous version, this newer version gave me the option to select which format I wanted.  I selected the format and the quality of the downloaded video was definitely HD as promised.  B) I also really liked that unlike Any Video Converter, which I had been using recently, this Wise Video Downloader provided me all the info that I wanted:  The size of the video at the start of the download ... the speed of the download ... and how much time remaining.

Of course, at this time, this is just 1 downloaded video, Xilolee.  I don't know whether I'll encounter instances here and there like yours whereby sometimes the videos don't want to download.  And at this time I don't know whether it'll also download say Vimeo and Vevo videos ... or just YouTube and Metacafe.

Only time will tell.  More experimenting to conduct.

Thanks for replying, Xilolee.

Thanks xiolee.

@Chim,

Currently, wise video downloader only supports to download YouTube videos.

You attached error message was Chinese, so I think you are Chinese. As I know, in China, you cannot browse YouTube/Facebook/Google and many websites in usual, you should install some special software. If you want to download a YouTube video, you should confirm you can watch it.

Google (YouTube) update rules frequently to prevent downloading, when you cannot download a YouTube video, please email to us, we will fix it shortly.

Thanks.

@ Administrator:  Hmmm ... okay, you lost me.  What do you mean my attached error message was Chinese?  Was that a joke?  Or you cannot view my attached image?  I am not from China.  I am from the USA and so was my comment and my attached image.  My attached image was an attached Screen Cap image straight from my computer.  I don't see any way that it could get translated into ANY other language as it is just an image, not text.

I can click on my attached image right now and it displays completely correctly in English.  So I don't know what else you're seeing and why.  Basically for File Name is has a big red X and it says "Error occurred when downloading."  And for Quality it says in red "Gone."

Anyway ... after some testing / experimentation, I decided that for better results, I'm gonna more often use the Search function in the GUI of Wise Video Downloader instead of tossing at it YouTube links that I Googled up.  This because the YouTube hits that the Search function of the Wise Video Downloader provides say Download Video.  So, I figured they're more likely to be capable of being downloaded.  This strategy isn't 100% foolproof, but it works well enough so that I'm really liking this Wise Video Downloader.  :) Especially since I was able to install a Portable version of it in my PortableApps.com platform in my Flash Drives.

As to Wise Video Downloader currently only supporting the download of YouTube videos?

A few of the Search hits that the Wise Video Downloader GUI has provided have been from Vevo.  I haven't tried downloading any of those yet, so I can't confirm that it WILL download them.  But, there ARE a few of them here and there.

• 2 months later...

Sooo ... on those YouTubes that throw out an error and fail to attempt to download, is the fix just a PATCH for THAT particular YouTube to be able to download? On errors like that, is it a case of there being a fault / something wrong on the side of the source where the YouTube in question is up for download?

Here's what I'm getting at. Sure, I have enjoyed successfully downloading a lot of YouTubes with Wise Video Downloader. I like it. But, by the same token, I have also encountered plenty of instances of YouTubes where I get an error and can't download THAT specific YouTube. I then have to resort to my 2nd or 3rd choice by the time I find a YouTube of that song that WILL download. So, if I along with other Wise Video Downloader users were to report all of the failure to download YouTubes that we encountered ... wouldn't that pretty quickly litter the inner workings of Wise Video Downloader with PATCHES?

This reminds me of back in the day of original Opera Browser with the Presto engine. Users were encouraged to report websites that failed to load with Opera Browser. Opera would then incorporate PATCHES so that those websites now WOULD load. The question would then be brought up that wouldn't doing that fill Opera Browser with tons of patches eventually making it bigger and bigger?

Interestingly enough, since back around the time of my 1st comment in this thread, I had attempted several times to download this YouTube without success:

I tried the link that the Wise Video Downloader GUI found. I tried several other links that I Googled up ... all to no avail. Then today when I was finally going to report it as not working ... it mysteriously just up and WORKED! Wow! Awesome!

Anyway, just thinking outloud. Just wondering if something can be done to minimize the occurrences of failures to download ... without having to fill up Wise Video Downloader with a ton of patches that increase its file size.

• 2 months later...

Ssss SO, is the Wise Video Downloader project still active?

As much as I wanted to have it be my Video Downloader of choice, especially because of its portability that allowed me to carry it in my PA.com platform in my Flash Drive ... I finally had to wave the white flag and put it on the backburner because I just kept encountering wayyy too many Forbidden Errors.

When it works, it works great.  I really like it then.   However, with having to resort to trying the 2nd, 3rd or 4th options on 50% of the videos that I try to download before Wise Video Download WILL work ... it just kills the mood.

Oh, and just in case the Wise Video Downloader project IS still active ... while you're at it, it'd be a very helpful great idea to incorporate a Video Download RESUME capability.  Because for example:  I have Dial Up Internet.  Sometimes either the connection is lost or someone wants to use the phone when a download is still not finished and well ... without a RESUME capability, I have to start the download over.  And with Dial Up, that can be an hour or hours lost just on one single video download.

Kudos on squashing the Forbidden Errors as per my preliminary experience with the new version 2.52.  B)

Looking forward to seeing that certain problem mentioned in my e-mail neutralized as well. 

Exciting to see the progress with this project.  :)

• 1 year later...
On 1/23/2017 at 9:38 PM, wisecleaner_admin said:

:)If you find a youtube video cannot be downloaded by wise video converter, please send a message to us, we will fix it shortly.
Thanks.

Hi  can't download  even after repeated attempts  I keeping getting Invalid Parameters message.  Need help asap please.

Carol

• 3 months later...
On 1/24/2017 at 12:38 AM, wisecleaner_admin said:

:)If you find a youtube video cannot be downloaded by wise video converter, please send a message to us, we will fix it shortly.
Thanks.

Trying to download any video from MrDeepSense channel, it says "can not get video info".

Anything I may be doing wrong?

Two examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY_Xkr5NIqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GEqdbh8sFI

• xilolee changed the title to WiseYoutubeDownloader feature requests, bug reports, updated translations
  • xilolee pinned this topic