Reminder app has lost ability to make a sound

clayto

For several weeks I have been struggling to get Reminder to make a sound when displaying a Reminder Notification, as it used to do. I have tried many times to implement advice from Wise Help & Support (and others) without success. All fixes have failed

The issue concerns choosing Default sound and Custom sound. The Custom sound box has a preinstalled .mp3 sound link which does not work, presumably because there is no such file in my System Sounds. And the problem is that it cannot be removed or replaced by an alternative file, .mp3 or .wav

I would have thought this would be fairly straightforward, especially in the case of Custom --- but it is not. I have tried re-installing the app and many other fixes none of which have worked

I hope someone here will have a solution! 

@clayto

Hello,

Sorry about that.

1. Please download this file: https://downloads.wisecleaner.com/tools/WRM_default.zip

2. Then extract the file, and you will see an audio file named default.mp3

3. Copy default.mp3, and paste it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Wise\Wise Reminder. If you are running a 32-bit system, the path is C:\Program Files\Wise\Wise Reminder

image.png

4. Run Wise Reminder, create or edite a task. On theRingtone option, please click the drop-down menu and select Custom, then click the button ... to browse and select the file default.mp3

5. Before saving the task, you can click the Play button after ... to check if this audio file work.

image.png