microsoft office [Home abd Student 2007]

Go to Control Panel\System and Security\System, click advanced system settings, click advanced tab, click environment variables and check if you have the following user variables (first panel):

TEMP: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp

And the following system variables (second panel):

TEMP: %SystemRoot%\TEMP
TMP: %SystemRoot%\TEMP

If you don't have them, add them.

Keep us informed!

Sorry for delay. I was away from my pc. I am grateful for your assistance!

I was able to tick all the boxes in the Local Temp Security window, including 'Permissions to SYSTEM' as you suggested. 

Alas, the problem remains.

To clarify: Now, and when the problem started, I was able to click the Windows icon, but instead of it loading, it came up with the following message:

< Error 2503 . Internal error has occurred. CONTACT Microsoft Product Support Service (PSS) for assistance. For location, see: C:\\Users\   \App Data\Local\Temp\Setup 000003a0\PSS.1DR.CHM. Error 2503.C:\\Users\   \App Data\Local\Temp\Setup 0000030\PSS10R.CHM >

Both locations are 'empty'... When I tried to re-instal (without uninstalling the product) and choosing < Repair > I got the same message.

If I 'cancel' the message, then eventually, I can download the Windows Word programme.

Thank you. I performed a 'clean boot', and after the restart, restored the msconfig.exe as suggested by Microsoft. I am now unable to startup my pc 'normal startup', and can only start it in SafeMode with limited Internet... I have tried all the usual (F8, &tc). All to no avail... In the meantime, the Word 2007 continues to misbehave. Somehow, matters are now worse than yesterday... Any suggestions to repair this? Many thanks.