Laptop running very slow

My lap top is getting slower and slower to respond. It takes longer to boot up and quite a while to load say google. I have been using wise cleaner, ccleaner, wise care and other programs which all remove stuff but seems to build up very quickly once I have done a bit of browsing.Once you load a program say from You tube, although it take a while to load the play speed is not too bad. It will take 15-30 seconds at times to clear screen Running the maintenance program seem to speed things up slightly but not significantly. If I could find program that keeps my machine running properly I would purchase it but .so far nothing I have tried seems reliable enough and it would be great to rely on just one maintenance program. It gives me the impression that it is lack of memory v irus scans don't seem to bring up anything. Any help would be appreciated. The machine is a bit outdated - still running XP and it does not have enough capability to run v8.2. I guess I could always dump a lot of the programs it carries but it used to run fine so not sure what has happened.

regards- Colin

Operating system:Microsoft Windows XP (32 bit) Service Pack 3

System root: C:\WINDOWS

Available physical memory: 503 MB

CPU: Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.73GHz

Drive Info:

C: 37.21 GB

Internet Explorer: 8.0

Colin:

Your laptop has very limited capabilities: 500 MB RAM and an old Pentium processor.  New programs and websites are much more complex, which increases the load on the computer.  You say that your antivirus comes up clean, but there are lots of PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) that can quickly clutter up a computer.  You should try running adwcleaner and junk removal tool (google them).  They are free.  In addition, I recommend a good antimalware solution, like Malwarebytes Antimalware.  Not all antivirus and antimalware programs are the same, so make sure that you have a good a/v solution.  You can try also optimizing your hard disk, and uninstalling unnecessary programs.  Clear out your temp files.  You can also run sfc /scannow and chkdsk from elevated command prompts to ensure that there aren't some Windows or disk issues bogging the laptop down.

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil