Re: Windows Update entries in Wise Program Uninstaller

Kokopelli

I am in the process of getting aquainted with WPU. On first run I was surprised to see all Windows Updates listed. I had been using Revo Uninstaller for a while and never saw them there.

My question is - can I somehow hide these entries from view? I assume that if I uninstall them in Wise, they will be uninstalled in Windows as well, and the Windows update process is tedious enough that once is plenty + the fact that I also assume they are doing my system (Windows 7) some good and I don't want to remove them, just not see them in WPU.

Thank you.

Hi Kokopelli. :-)

I can't see windows updates listed in WPU, but maybe that's because I've already removed them with WDC or WCare365.

Select the program you don't want to be listed in WPU, click the little x at top-right of its rectangular window.

o56x04.jpg

Thank you for replying xilolee. This is what it looks like here right now:

Wise1.jpg

183 programs! 21.3 GB! I could not believe my eyes yesterday, then I scrolled down...it's a list as long as ones arm. Revo, which I am on day 14 of on my trial, reports 53...

Wise2.jpg

Wise3.jpg

Wise4.jpg

It works! 1 down, 129 to go... :( well, it'll keep me off the streets for a while anyway... ;)

Thank you xilolee, that was a fast, accurate response and it bodes well for my future with Wise Program Uninstaller! You may not a Wise employee, but you are a wise moderator :D.  (Sorry Revo, looks like no sale this time). 

But...wait a minute: you said "I've already removed them with WDC or WCare365." so are these quicker than removing entries manually? Please advice!  

Removed in my case means deleted.

Maybe I've removed them with WDC or Wcare365 "slimming system" (or common cleaner?), therefore I don't have windows updates to uninstall and they don't appear in wise program uninstaller (or every other uninstaller).

To speed up things a bit, you can insert "security update for" in WPU search box, then only security updates will be shown.

You can also request a new feature in WPU feature requests topic: select items with ctrl+click and shift+click and shift+arrows, then ignore items.

"You can also request a new feature in WPU feature requests topic: select items with ctrl+click and shift+click and shift+arrows, then ignore items." 

So, do I do this directly in the WPU interface? I suppose this it what you mean, but these are things that are natural to you as you have so much experience of the program but I don't have this knowledge, being a beginner.

To me, the "You can also request a new feature in WPU feature requests topic" part sounds like I was supposed to request this feature on the Wise website to perhaps be included in the next WPU release.

The latter part, though, "select items with ctrl+click and shift+click and shift+arrows, then ignore items." is obviously something I can do right here, right now.

I'll try that and report back only if I can't get it to work that way. Thank you.

PS: I see on the right there that I have as yet 0 warning points. That somehow gives me warm, fuzzy,feeling inside  ;) 

Nope, I don't understand this ctrl+click and shift+click and shift+arrows business. Just looking at the sentence and trying to make sense of it makes me dizzy. All I got was this:

Wise5.jpg

'tell you what; I am probably to dense for software at this high level. I'll pay Revo the $19 and get some other, more pressing matters some attention. Like taking a nap. Thanks anyway. All my fault, I'm sure.

"You can also request a new feature in WPU feature requests topic: select items with ctrl+click and shift+click and shift+arrows, then ignore items." 

So, do I do this directly in the WPU interface? I suppose this it what you mean, but these are things that are natural to you as you have so much experience of the program but I don't have this knowledge, being a beginner.

In a specific topic in the forum (it already exists).

The latter part, though, "select items with ctrl+click and shift+click and shift+arrows, then ignore items." is obviously something I can do right here, right now.

No, that was a suggestion for your feature request. :)