Wise Disk Cleaner update and "lighten" the system

RodgerOver

Hi,

I have tested Wise Disk Claener for several weeks now and I am very happy with it.

But now a new automatic update was released, and I would like to use this occasion to hint onto two issues:

(1) When the program is updated, it does not save the "exlusion of files" from scanning. This is annoying, as I have a list of allowed cookies in my firefox profile (all other cookies are blocked).

(2) The "lightening of the system" - tab (3rd one; sorry, if the translation is not correct, as I have the French version) allows to remove the photo- / music- and video-samples in the public folders. This is in principle a nice feature, however removing those files leads to the fact that sfc / scannow reports corruption errors (without indicating what they are; I verified with the third party software: SFCfix). Wouldn' it be possible to remove these files without triggering sfc /scannow to report errors ? Because when running sfc / scannow afterwards, one then always needs to verify in a rather complex way, whether the errors / corruptions reported are "only" those resulting from the removal of the sample files in the public folder or whether there are other, more serious, issues.

But as I said, otherwise this is a very nice tool.

Thank you for listening !

Roger

Hey,

(1) When the program is updated, it does not save the "exlusion of files" from scanning. This is annoying, as I have a list of allowed cookies in my firefox profile (all other cookies are blocked).

I test it, but my exclusion list (files, folders, cookies) is here, worked well. Can you tell me how did you do?

(2) The "lightening of the system"

Yes, we know it. You see, we just list them (not the default cleaning items), give the advice to user when the use need more disk space. BUT, even if the user remove sample music/picture/video, the Windows system can work well, not affect the stability.

Hi W and Xilo,

thank you for your replies. I must admit that I could not not reproduce the first issue reported.

I still had version 8.4.4.598 somewhere on my computer, so I removed the last version 8.5.1.602 via disinstall, re-installed vers 8.4.4.598, saved the exclusion and re-installed version 8.5.1. 602 over the previous one. .... And the saved exclusion were save.

So sorry for the confusion on the first issue. [it was only founded on a second doubt, after a previous one, that an update of Wise had removed my saved cookies]. It must have been another program.

Thank you again for your prompt replies.

Roger