Window Vista Freezing Up My Laptop

Windows Vista Freezes Up With Error Message "Failure-Security Options" I included a picture of the error message. When this happens, I have to do a factory restore every time. It seems to happen after I install Windows updates. I have tried to figure out which Windows Update might be causing the problem, but so far no luck. So far when I do not install any Windows Updates, my computer runs fine. I have had to restore my laptop to factory specs 4 times now. I have an Asus IN 50

4fe3b14d1e14a43fe49d5065c787c3dc.png

Operating system:Windows Vista Home Premium (64 bit) Service Pack 1
System root: C:Windows
Available physical memory: 4094 MB
CPU: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz
Drive Info:
C: 232.88 GB
D: 221.16 GB
Internet Explorer: 7.0

Hi casey.

Your screenshot is not visible.

Why do you have to do a factory restore every time? Won't the system start after that message? Or it will?

Did you overclocked or underclocked your system?

Did you run a full chkdsk?

Did you remove the dust inside your laptop (you could also ask to a more experienced friend of yours, if you don't know how to do it)?

I uploaded a screen shot...any idea on why it is not visible? Yes I have to do a factory reset every time. If I reboot, I will get the same thing. The little download circle will just keep going in circles and my mouse pointer will move, but has no effect when I click on anything on the Windows startup screen. I don't over clock, I have run full Chkdsk and have blown out dust from my keyboard.

I have no idea, but a lot of users are experiencing this problem with screenshots (I think this probably happens when wisecleaner website/forum has got connection/traffic problems).

I intended to say the dust inside the laptop (especially, the fans: the first time I've tried, there was 1cm of dust!).

When that happens, aren't you able to start your laptop in safe mode? Or didn't you try it?

Yes, I tried Safe Mode. I guess as long as I don't download any updates, I'll be ok. But I am not sure if I am making my Laptop subject to attack by not downloading all the Windows Security updates and Service pack 2

Sorry, but I see only an answer, instead of two...

You tried safe mode, but--> aren't you able to start your laptop in safe mode? I.e., did safe mode allow you to start your laptop?

If yes, you could create a restore point, update Windows and see if it works. If it won't work --> restore point.

Or better: create an OS image NOW, till your laptop works, then you can do whatever experiments you (we) can think of.

I am trying to attach a photo of the error message i am getting when my computer freezes up. I cannot do so. I keep getting "Script Error" when I try to attach photo to my post. I have tried it on two different computers and get the same error message