How to Disable Indexing Thoroughly to Improve Windows Performance?

Notice: Turning off indexing of your Windows computer will not do any harm, and if you are using an SSD( solid state drive), there is no point disabling this feature. 

In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to turn off the indexing service once for all.

First open the Control Panel and click on Administrative Tools. Then click on Services in the list. You can also open Services directly by typing services.msc in the Run dialog or Start Menu search box.

1.png

2.png

Now scroll down till you find either Indexing Service or Windows Search in the list of services. You’ll see it’s probably in the Started state and is set to Automatic.

3.png

Double-click on Windows Search and click the Stop button to stop the service. Then change the Startup Type to Disabled.

4.png

After this, you’re going to want to restart your computer. When you turn indexing off, you can still perform a search in Windows. I did several tests, it is a little slower than before. But if you do care about this, I suggest you download Wise Jet Search( for direct download: http://www.wisecleaner.com/wisejetsearchfree.html, it is 3 to 5 times faster than the Windows search.

5.png