crashing

my 32bit windows vista is not allowing me to update service packs 1 or 2 on my acer without it shutting down. service pack 1 was installled to begin with but when i tried to update service pack 2 and it failed, sp1 was no longer on computer system and when i tried to reinstall sp1 i couldn't without it shutting down, also the wireless is not working anymore and its not the drivers needing reinstalled, the facility just seems to have dissapeared? feeling more and more like practicing my conversion kicks with the blooming thing.

Operating system:Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit)

System root: C:\Windows

Available physical memory: 959 MB

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

Drive Info:

C: 71.95 GB

D: 71.68 GB

G: 931.28 GB

Internet Explorer: 7.0

Please disable all startup items and third party services when booting to avoid conflict when installingVista SP1.: 

1. Click "Start", type: MSCONFIG in the search box and press Enter. 

Note: Please click "Continue" if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click "Services", check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray). 
3. Click "Startup", click "Disable All", click "OK" and restart the computer.

Note: Temporarily disabling the Startup Group only prevents the startup programs from loading at startup. This shouldn't affect the system or other programs. We can manually run these programs later. 

4. Please double click the downloaded Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Standalone Installer and follow the instructions to install Windows Vista SP1.

To restore the computer to use a Normal Startup, repeat step 1 above. Then click "Normal Startup" on the General tab, click "OK", and then restart the computer.

Thanks.