can't remove stardock windowblinds 7

I am trying to install stardock windowblinds 8, but my computer says to remove windowblinds 7 first. There is no file, no program, no reference to windowblinds 7 so I cannot remove something that doesn't exist. I have tried stardock technical support but they have no answer to the problem except to reformat and start over which I do not wish to do. I suppose there must be some sort of registry reference still in the registry, but I can't find it to remove it. The error message says "remove windowblinds 7 first and then install windowblinds 8. I have done many searches for solutions, but none of them work. I am using windows 8 home premium, 4gb memory, plenty of hard drive space.

Hi,

Usually, system disk should be formatted before the installation of the new system to insure a clean new system. If higher version system installed on the basis of lower version system, you can choose the update mode to avoid the format of the system disk when installation is processing. Delete manually the system files of the lower version system after that. 

You have two choices now according to the situation you described.
1. If you have a backup of Win7, first restore your system to win7 and then update to win8 system. 
2. Format system disk, install a new win8 system.