1.png 20.21KB 459 downloads
11111.png 13.58KB 425 downloads
Windows Search in Windows 7 is turned on by default. If you are using other third party tools instead or you want to disable it because of security reasons, you can follow this tutorial.
Before you actually read it, I have to warn you, if you disable Windows 7 search, you will see:
1. All the search boxes in Windows will disappear, including the search boxes in Windows Explorer, the Start menu, Control Panel, the Documents library, and other libraries.
2. Programs that rely on Windows Search might not function properly.
3. Internet Explorer won't have enhanced search capabilities.
4. Windows Media Center won't have enhanced search capability.
5. You'll no longer be able to arrange your library views by metadata, and your column headers will only sort items, not stack or group them.
6. Options that affect Windows Search functionality will be removed, including indexing in Control Panel and the Search tab in Folder Options.
7. Windows will no longer recognize these search-based file types: search-ms, searchconnector-ms, and osdx.
8. Pressing Windows Key+F to open a search window will give you this error.
00000.png 60.41KB 451 downloads
Follow the next easy steps to disable it:
Step 1: Open Control Panel
Step 2: Click Programs
22222.png 68.9KB 456 downloads
Step 3: Click on Turn Windows features on or off
333333.png 77.85KB 456 downloads
Step 4: From Windows Features window scroll down all the way to the bottom of the window and uncheck Windows Search
4444444.png 26.08KB 456 downloads
Step 5: Click Yes to the message asking are you sure you want to continue and click OK to save changes
5555555555.png 12.53KB 464 downloads
666666666.png 9.81KB 444 downloads
Step 6: Wait for few seconds while Windows finish changes and then Restart your computer for changes take effect.
7777777777.png 14.3KB 424 downloads
Step 7: Next time when you login in Windows 7 you won’t see Search box in your Start menu.