Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by VijayW

  1. OK. 1. Here's the folder path (I misquoted the name, it's "wlansvc" not "wlan"): C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc This address must be hard-coded in the OS (Win 7) because (a) it is not anywhere in the registry, and ( if you simply move it, all wireless LAN functions stop completely. There is a Windows Service called "WLAN autoconfig", and its description says that it runs the "WLAN Service" which sets up the LAN connections. Apparently, this service looks for the folder at the above address. 2. I ran the Scan as you suggested: doesn't mention
  2. The message was: "Unable to connect. Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at ...." and this was the case for all URLs, even loopbacks. The browser just wasn't connecting to the network card. Eventually I discovered that a folder called 'wlan' which holds the log-on authorisations & CLSIDs for the modem interfaces had been moved on the HD, and this is a system-critical folder on starting Windows which must stay at a fixed location. How it got moved, I have no idea, but web access returned to normal when I put it back to its correct location. I hadn't been edit
  3. I have run Wise365 (free edition) in the past on my Win7 desktop PC, no problems (although I may not have run the Registry Cleaner component). My desktop is fully updated and has never had any malware to my knowledge. This time I ran all the components, and since then my up-to-date version of Firefox can't access the web. The modem and account are fine: at least 2 other devices have full web access via same wireless modem and account. Email clients still work. Firefox can still open locally stored HTML pages correctly, but it can't access any server on the web. So I uninstalled current Firefo
  • Create New...