Is Wise Memory Optimizer useful?

The Wise Memory Optimizer and similar products from other organizations promise much. But do they really work?

In this century Microsoft's quest to improve performance has become almost an obsession. Advanced technology such as Superfetch and other features have been developed to optimize performance. Some features have produced relatively minor performance improvements. But no version of Windows includes anything like the Wise Memory optimizer. Does Microsoft really not understand their own OS?

Or maybe Microsoft has incorporated memory optimizations into the OS itself that work silently in the background to improve performance. The Microsoft publication "Windows Internals" describes how they work in detail. But the principles used are complex and poorly understood by producers of third party optimizers.

This isn't just my opinion. It is shared by Mark Russinovich, a well known Windows expert who holds a PH.D in computer engineering. Read one of his articles here:

http://windowsitpro.com/systems-management/memory-optimization-hoax

I think I have a right to be skeptical.

• 8 years later...

This software works differently for different people, for example, it is useful for me.

My usage scenario is as follows: some software on the computer that I have to use has a memory leak, and the memory resources are exhausted after about an hour of running.

I use this software to automatically clean up the memory, which can basically ensure that I can use it normally for 8 hours until I get off work.