Wrong rendering in Stellarium software on Windows 8

Hello Wise Team,

I need your help. I have been always using a software of astronomy called Stellarium on Windows 7 x64, without any problem. But now, I installed it on Windows 8 x64, a bug where no planet or star renderizes correct is happening. All of them look like a triangle formed by a kaleidoscopic as you can see in the screenshot I’m sending attached.

First when I installed the Stellarium 0.12.1, it showed the following error:

"IPersistFile::Save failed; code 0x8007007B

The syntax of the file name, the name of the directory or the label of the volume is wrong."

Then, I wrote to the software support and they answered:

1. You need non-WDM drivers for graphics card (i.e. not by Microsoft)

2. 2. Error code 0x8007007B say about troubles with Windows System Restore service. More info: http://www.articleclick.com/Article/Resolving-Unexpected-Error-0x8007007B-during-System/1346197 and http://bertk.mvps.org/html/eerrormsgsv.html#4

Now that the Stellarium 0.12.2 was released and I installed it, it did not even open and shows the message:

“Your platform does not support the minimum Open GL 1.2 required. Please, update the drivers of your video card.”

As we can see, that's not a hardware problem because I have already used Stellarium in the same pc, but there’s a problem with the driver of my video card. My vídeo card is the Intel G41 Express Chipset and there’s no update driver of this video card, for Window 8 in the Intel Download Center.

At last, could you help me to find an appropriate non-WDM driver for graphic card, or na update that supports Open GL 1.2 (or later), or another solution for this trouble.

Thanks in advance.

Renato Carvalho

f37e2e1093bbed55007b17845636afcb.png

Operating system:Windows 8 Pro (64 bit)

System root: C:\Windows

Available physical memory: 3965 MB

CPU: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz

Drive Info:

C: 465,42 GB

D: 1863,01 GB

Internet Explorer: 10.0

Hi,

You can try following link to download Intel G41 Express Chipset driver for Win 8.

http://118.186.9.90/files/5232000001402522/au.v4.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2013/04/200000268_69e51a687acc555a97b220bb0facacfc2060c7dc.cab

P.S: 

In order to manually update your driver, follow the steps below (the next steps):

1. Go to Device Manager (right click on My Computer, choose Manage and then find Device Manager in the left panel)
2. Right click on the hardware device you wish to update and choose Update Driver Software
3. Choose to select the location of the new driver manually and browse to the folder where you downloaded the driver

Hope it will help you.