CDDVD-ROM won't recognize any disks

My CDDVD-ROM drive doesn't recognize any disks, I keep getting the error message "insert disk" when there's a disk in there. I've tried different disks with the same result. I've tried uninstalling the driver, upper/lower filters. It shows up in "computer" and the drive light flashesd, and tray ejects. It seems like the "carrage" isn't moving. If I manually move it all the way in and try to get it to do something by closing the tray with a disk in it, and reopen the tray the carrage hasn't moved. Same when I move it all the way out, it doesn't move. I've tried Microsoft "Fix-it", it didn't. Bottom line is it just won't recognize any type of disk, blank, recorded, factory burnt, nothing.

Operating system:Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Service Pack 1

System root: C:\Windows

Available physical memory: 2940 MB

CPU: Intel® Celeron® CPU 925 @ 2.30GHz

Drive Info:

C: 297.99 GB

Internet Explorer: 10.0

Maybe something is wrong with your CDDVD-ROM drive. You can test in another PC with your disk, if another PC can recognise the disk, then that means  your  CDDVD-ROM drive is broken.

When inserting  the disk, whether  or  not you can hear the sound sounds like CDDVD-ROM drive is trying its best to recognise the disk but it still can not recognise the disk? If so, your CDDVD-ROM drive is broken actually.

Thanks.

Plz try this:

To work around this problem, exit Windows Media Player before you insert the disc. Or, if the audio device is not enabled, use the Sound item in Control Panel to enable the audio device. To enable the audio device, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Sound.
  2. On the Playback tab, right-click in the blank area under Select a playback device below to modify its settings, and then select Show Disabled Devices.
  3. Right-click an audio device, and then click Enable.