post-30373-0-23931300-1420178695_thumb.jpg

I installed the latest version of wfh and hid a folder on a my book 3.0 drive. The folder was gone but a five triangle folder appeared below (as I expected)  However when I highlighted the new folder all the hidden files were visible and available.  I unhid the original folder, but wfh says its still hidden.  Then I tried to unhide those extra folders with no luck and funny wfh says the original folder that I unhided is still hidden but it isn't.  Im copying all my files to the main drive and will reformat the external if we can't come up with a solution.  see picture.  I had just updated with the newest wfh.  I did uninstall before using it.  I hid the folder in the usual way, but the program failed by

a windows 8.1 dell computer.

post-30373-0-23931300-1420178695_thumb.jpg

Hi tsoilihoi,

"The folder was gone but a five triangle folder appeared below

When you use WFH to hide a file/folder, WFH will create a new folder on root directory to save hided files/folders. Usually, user cannot see this new folder, but some software which get file/folder info directly from system FAT (File Allocation Table) will display this new folder. It will be shown as five triangle or other. Even though you can see the hidden files/folders, but you cannot operate it (open/copy/delete...), they are protected by WFH.

Can you tell me, how did you see this five triangle folder? We need to do some tests.