Not working with FireFox

chasbox

Hi

I have Wise Care 365 Pro from GOTD. I recently upgraded my version of FF and now 365 won't find any of FF's internet caches to get rid of. Any Ideas

Win 7 SP1

Thanks

Your best bet for cleaning Firefox cache is to use their Click&Clean addon.    When used in conjunction with CCleaner both Click&Clean and CCleaner will run when you close Firefox by clicking on the X in the upper right of Firefox.   Click&Clean can also be run while Firefox is open.   You can find it at Firefox Addons.  Just enter Click&Clean in search box and go from there.

Your best bet for cleaning Firefox cache is to use their Click&Clean addon.    When used in conjunction with CCleaner both Click&Clean and CCleaner will run when you close Firefox by clicking on the X in the upper right of Firefox.   Click&Clean can also be run while Firefox is open.   You can find it at Firefox Addons.  Just enter Click&Clean in search box and go from there.

I have CCleaner and it does takes care of the FF internet cache. I was just wondering why 365 used to do it and now does not.

Thanks

There are two workarounds:

1) set the old cache in firefox (if you know where it was)

- open firefox

- in the address bar type/copy about:config and press enter

- right-click a value, click new, click string, type/copy browser.cache.disk.parent_directory, click ok, type the old cache directory (full path), click ok

2) set wise disk cleaner to remove firefox temp files (because I don't think you can do it with wise care 365, but I can be wrong)

Check Wise Disk Cleaner 8.0 Custom Configuration Guide

The latest version of wise care 365 has been released, it fixed the Firefox Cache/History problem.

Please try.

Hi. I updated to v3.3.2 this morning, and I can confirm that it did indeed clear the Firefox (33.0.2) history. But, 365 appears to be hanging on "Mozilla Firefox Other Histories". I made 3 scan attempts this morning, and I cancelled the first 2 because I thought it was hung-up.

The first scan I let run for 5 minutes and when cancelled it reported 77 Histories in that catagory. The second scan I let run for 10 minutes before cancelling and it reported 90 Histories in that catagory. The third scan I let keep running and after about 14 minutes it finally completed and reported 106 Histories.

Is this expected behavior? One of the things I've always loved about WC365 was how fast it did its work. Can something be done to optimize the scan time for "Mozilla Firefox Other Histories"? I hate to think it's going to take 15 minutes to run every time. :(

@eclectricity

Did you click Clean button to clean Firefox?
If yes, when you scan it next time, check whether it will spends much time like the first time. If it hangs on somewhere, please make a screenshot and send it to us.

If you have not clean Firefox yet, please Scan again, when it hangs on somewhere (scan somewhere much time), please make a screenshot and send it to us.

Thank you!

• 3 years later...

The same thing is now happening with Firefox 61 - cache is not being cleaned by either Wise Disk Cleaner or Wise Care 365 (both are current versions) unless you are using the default profile (all other profiles are not being recognized or cleaned).

On 7/8/2018 at 12:36 PM, Deadhead said:

The same thing is now happening with Firefox 61 - cache is not being cleaned by either Wise Disk Cleaner or Wise Care 365 (both are current versions) unless you are using the default profile (all other profiles are not being recognized or cleaned).

Thanks for your feedback.

We will check and fix it soon.