Windows shuts down randomly

When I left my workplace, I had just put it to sleep by closing the lid without pressing any buttons. But when I open up the computer in the next session, I found out that it had shut down without warning and as a result I have lost my work. However, this had nothing to do with low battery. Any reasons behind this? What can I do to prevent it from happening in future?

Error message:

During startup, the message "Windows did not shut down successfully. If this was due to the system not responding..." shows up

Operating system:Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) Service Pack 1
System root: C:\Windows
Available physical memory: 3792 MB
CPU: Intel® Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Drive Info:
C: 279.05 GB
Q: 17.58 GB
Internet Explorer: 11.0

• 3 weeks later...

When I left my workplace, I had just put it to sleep by closing the lid without pressing any buttons. But when I open up the computer in the next session, I found out that it had shut down without warning and as a result I have lost my work. However, this had nothing to do with low battery. Any reasons behind this? What can I do to prevent it from happening in future?

Error message:

During startup, the message "Windows did not shut down successfully. If this was due to the system not responding..." shows up

Repeat post.

I have to say this again, how do I prevent this from happening in future?

In fact, today this has happened to my computer twice with the same message. It's not hibernate, it's not sleep, it's unexpected shutdown.

And I repeat, this has nothing to do with batteries. Perhaps BIOS or other computer preferences?

This is getting pretty frustrating...

I expect an answer as soon as possible.

In Power Options, which one did you select, Sleep or Hibernate? (Hibernate will turn off power, but Sleep won't) 

You can try following:

1) To clean C: drive to make sure it has enough disk space to run hibernate

2)  Open Power Option panel, make sure you select correct option, sleep or hibernate

power.png

3) Make sure you have selected correct Power Plan

power plan.png

4) If you use a laptop, please make sure it has enough power.

The power options are here:

post-6698-0-50583400-1412399022_thumb.png

The advanced settings are here:

post-6698-0-31119100-1412399032_thumb.png

Do I need to change any more settings on these two settings?

How would I clean the C: disk to release more space / how do I know which files are useful or not?

And this issue has nothing to do with low battery power - the unexpected shutdown happened when there is still battery power. In fact, sometimes I see the screen just suddenly turn off power even with lid open. However, it may be a "loose battery issue"

If the problem is not resolved the unexpected shutdown may happen many times later and (number one) it is a frustrating process and is a waste of time and (number two) it makes me lose work that I have done in the last session [unless I save it of course].

I tried applying tape to prevent the loose battery but it worked. However, every time I did so the following issue has aggravated the problem:

http://forum.wisecleaner.com/index.php?/topic/9099-random-hibernation-80-battery-power-is-not-enough-for-this-computer-something-wrong-with-my-battery/

What other solutions could I find to resolve this problem????