X buttton does not exit, only minimizes to tray

techreg

There used to be a settings option in WiseCare365

that would allow you to select what the close button(upper right corner) does when clicked:

either minimize to the system tray or exit the program

In later versions that option has been removed and Wise Care now always minimizes to the system tray.

This forces the user to  take an extra step to exit Wise Care every time they want to close it.

They must click Close, then mouse all the way over to the system tray, then right- click the WiseCare tray icon, and 

click exit to close WiseCare365.

Please bring back this option of selecting whether the close button exits the program or minimizes to the system tray.

• 2 weeks later...

Any reason why this has not been resolved?   If I can recall correctly, this feedback has been provided by many users since W365 was released in June and the developers have not provided a solution as yet.

I use the portable version and as a result, I run W365 for occasional use only - I do not need W365 to run continuously in the background.  I have everything unchecked in settings, including - "Execute at Windows Startup",  "Run Bootup Booster", "Run Wise Turbo Weekly", etc.   Unfortunately, there is no option in settings to "Exit the application completely from System Tray".  Its not only nuisance to close down W365 completely by having to access the system tray, but it also defeats the purpose of having a portable version.  As a result, I prefer to continue using version 2.99 until a solution is made available. 

Dear Wise Developers - Please consider providing a simple option in "settings" which allows you to chose whether to continuously run WiseTray.exe in the system tray (notification area).  A simple option with a checkbox such as "Shutdown Wise from System Tray when exiting application" should not be too difficult to achieve.   

Are there any plans to design such a feature into W365 anytime soon?  Or are the developers not interested in implementing this feature?  Please advise. 

Thank You

• 3 months later...