V3.2.2 Major Serious Bug with Registry Def-rag on Windows 8.1

tipstir

Just ran Wise Care 365 V3.2.2 on Windows 8.1 64-bit and did Registry Defrag. All looked good until Windows 8.1 booted-up there was a red tag on the Network Icon.

Reads NO CONNECTION

Under PC Setup there is no options for NETWORKS only one Add VPN and that's it. 

Under Metro UI

Settings

Network (none)

Network

None to View

There is no option to revert back. Under Registry for NetworkList Profiles in there are entries marked in red. I did a look in MediaList but all are marked in RED and the system won't let me change anything in there even as Admin. 

There is internet connection I was able to connect to Home Network Shares and Face Book for example. But I couldn't change Network Name nor Description Name. Like it can't read the network I am on. Locked into Private. So now I have to do a 

SYSTEM RESTORE 

Last restored point is 8/18/2014

So now issue is fixed.. 

But whatever you do don't run WCv3.2.2 Registry De-Frag on Windows 8.1 until it gets fixed, otherwise you'll have to do a SYSTEM RESTORE as the Registry gets corrupted! 

Note: Ran also on Windows 7 64-bit no issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I don't why. I test it, run registry defrag on Win 8.1, then restart. But everything is good.

Maybe you can try again, I think it is a random issue.

When you get it again, you can try following method:

1, Press Win+R and type services.msc

2, Find "Network locetion Awareness" and "Network List Service", then Start them

If those cannot fix the problem, you can open Device Manager, find Network adapters, Disable/Uninstall all adapters, then Enable/Install.

Hey,

I don't why. I test it, run registry defrag on Win 8.1, then restart. But everything is good.

Maybe you can try again, I think it is a random issue.

When you get it again, you can try following method:

1, Press Win+R and type services.msc

2, Find "Network locetion Awareness" and "Network List Service", then Start them

If those cannot fix the problem, you can open Device Manager, find Network adapters, Disable/Uninstall all adapters, then Enable/Install.

You know me I've tried everything still didn't work (there was no network list nor did is pull any up) something got removed and didn't get restored back So the only way was to run System Restore point from Windows 8.1 everything works as it should. I had ran another Registry Defrag Program and didn't have this issue.