Is Wise Care safe with SSDs?

0liver

I am currently running Wise Registry Cleaner and am very happy with the results. I am about to download and install Wise Care 365 with a view to upgrading to the Pro. version. First, however, I would like to know whether the product is safe as far as SSDs are concerned. Is there anything I need to avoid doing? I have three hard drives on my PC, two of which are SSDs.

Also, do I have to uninstall Wise Registry Cleaner before installing 365?

Thanks in advance

0liver

I decided to uninstall WRC and replaced it with Wise Care 365. Sadly, after running my first clean-up, I found that I had lost all my Firefox bookmarks except for Most Visited. Forunately, I have just done a Windows 7 reinstall, so I only lost half-a-dozen bookmarks. Where did I go wrong? Can I prevent this happening in future?

Any advice appreciated.

0liver

Hello. Thanks for the reply. My Firefox is version 31.0. Fortunately, I managed to recover my bookmarks via the Firefox library feature.

I realize that SSDs are not suited to defragging, but had the impression that this didn't apply to registry defrag. Is this the case?

Hello Oliver,

It is perfectly OK to defrag the registry on an SSD (with regard to wear and tear). The process is explained here:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/registry-defrag-good-or-bad

Please be advised that the above information does not condone the routine use of any registry defragger; however, if you are so inclined, Wise Registry Cleaner is the best of the bunch IMHO.

Best regards,

UCanFixit