Cannot Create Repair Disc in Visat SP2

Hi, I have a Dell E6400 laptop with Vista SP2 installed. There is no proivision in Control Panel or anywhere else to create a Repair disc for the op sys.

Operating system:Windows Vista Business (32 bit) Service Pack 2

System root: C:\Windows

Available physical memory: 3571 MB

CPU: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz

Drive Info:

C: 149.05 GB

Internet Explorer: 9.0

If your Dell laptop has Dell Utilities installed, you might be able to do it from there.  If not, you can Google how to create a Windows Vista Start-up Repair disc.  I tried posting a link, but I am obviously too stupid to be able to figure out how to attach links into messages on this forum.

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

If your Dell laptop has Dell Utilities installed, you might be able to do it from there.  If not, you can Google how to create a Windows Vista Start-up Repair disc.  I tried posting a link, but I am obviously too stupid to be able to figure out how to attach links into messages on this forum.

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Hi Phil :)

Copy the link or URL then paste would work. :)

Hi Phil et al,

I have Googled this issue until in am sick of doing so. I have explored every result that came up and there were many. I have tried all that was suggested to no avail. There is no menu choice in MAINTANANCE or anywhere else or a link or button anywhere in Control Panel and so on.

I did read somewhere in a post that Microcrap had done away with the feature in Vista when SP1 came out. Now If I could find a way to restore the PC to Vista as it was before SP1, I might have better luck. I figure it was a ploy on Microcrap's part by deleting the feature with SP1 to get people to migrate to WIn. 7 if they could not repair their Vista op sys.

I guess I will keep trying. Thanks for the suggestions. If you come up with any more, do post them here.

Many thanks.

Gopher22.

Hi Xilolee,

I went to the page that your link took me to, but the link in that page does not work anymore. It is too old. Thanks for a good try.

I have tried searching on line for a download for the recdisc.exe file, an early copy and all I have found so far is either the current file which does not create a repair disc, or pages of instructions all of which are out of date.

Best regards.