AT ADMIN/DEVELOPERS ATTENTION: windows update issue after recent wise care 365 update (2.96.241 - 2014/04/01)

garioch7

Note by xilolee
This topic has been split from Malicious software tool - windows update not updating, that it is, imho, a different problem.

After using wise care 365, Windows update (control panel) shows:
most recent check for updates: never
updates were installed: never

I am having the same issue now for about a week.  I don't know if it has anything to do with Wise Care 365, but after every cold boot, I wind up with same screen as you: Updates never checked for and never installed.  Windows Control Panel shows all of my 180+ updates installed.  I tried all of the stuff suggested on the web, like deleting the Software Distribution folder, adding WUAPP.EXE to my av and antimalware solutions, but that does not work.  Updates, when found, do install properly (had two sets in the last two days) and then show on the Windows Update GUI, but after the next cold boot, I am back to NEVER and NEVER.  Windows Update Readiness Tool didn't find anything but did install a hotfix.  sfc /scannow found no integrity errors.

Interestingly, yesterday, I did not run Wise Cleaner on my computer.  I normally do every day before shutdown.  Today, my Windows Update GUI showed that updates had been checked for yesterday and had been installed yesterday.  I am becoming suspicious that one of the Wise Cleaners is taking out or corrupting the Windows Update information that the Windows Update GUI relies upon.  That is just a suspicion.  I will run a Wise Clean Up today before shutdown and see what happens tomorrow ...  Running Windows 7 Pro x64.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Edited by xilolee
Added missing informations

Xilo:  I think his problem might be somewhat different in that he can't download updates, but his Windows Update GUI is telling him, and me, that it has never checked for updates and never installed updates.  That is not correct, and it does seem to be related to Wise Care 365 cleaning routines within the last two weeks.  After a cold boot, the Windows Update GUI reverts back to telling me that it has never checked for updates and never installed updates.  As an experiment, I download a major cleaner software from a company that I purchased formerly (Piriform) and ran its cleaner.  The Windows Update GUI is not affected.

I am therefore very suspicious that something was changed in Wise Care 365 Pro cleaning routines and I am reverting back to the other product for cleaning until such time as Wise Care can fix the problem because it takes a long time for Windows Update to check for updates when it thinks that it has never before checked for updates.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Yup.
Today I installed that important update (Win 8.1 service pack 1?), rebooted the machine and later I used WiseCare365 and now I get this:

post-11233-0-90017600-1397404047_thumb.jpg

I'm using the pc checkup function and the system cleaner function (registry cleaner, common cleaner, advanced cleaner)... Are you using the same functions or are you using only the pc checkup function?
Anyway this should reported separately from this topic, on its own one, since wisecleaner moderators/admins/developers could not read it here.
If you prefer, I could split the posts we made (regarding this problem).

That behaviour has appeared for sure with this update:

Wise Care 365 v2.96
Mar. 31, 2014
Wise Care 365 keeps on its improvements, and the newly released notes are as follows:
Changes:
Apple Software Install Cache,Microsoft Security Essentials logs and update cache,Windows Installer Cache cleaning added.

Xilo:

I would greatly appreciate it if you could split this thread and bring it to the attention of the Wise Care.  There is a definite issue here.  The timeframe is correct.  I have been using both PC Check-up and the other tools.  I have stopped using PC Check-up, except parts of it, but the problem seems to be reproducible at my end by just using the Common Cleaner, followed by a reboot.  As I stated, I have stopped using Wise Care since my previous cleaning product, which I purchased and has not yet expired, does not produce this unwelcome side effect.  I realize that there will always be issues with software releases.  I have been very impressed with Wise Care and am reluctant to discontinue using it and recommending it, but they do need to address this issue.  How many users have not made the connection that Wise Care is responsible for this?  It has been reproduced on two of my computers (haven't checked the third because it is my wife's and she doesn't want me causing her issues too).

Have a great day, Xilo

Regarrds,

-Phil

Count me in, as well. I'm seeing the exact same issue with Windows Update: Never & Never. I, too, think this issue is related to the latest Wise Care 365 update.

I'll also note that there are 6 "Optional" updates which I had previously Hidden that have returned maybe half a dozen times. I hide them again, and then they return again. I'm not sure if this is a related problem since today they did not reappear. I suspect they may at some point.

Anyway, I hope the team will find and address this Windows Update issue.

I have the same problem with the Bing optional update constantly appearing after it has been hidden.  I think that is because Wise Care has done something to the Windows Update file and so Windows Update does not know that the user has chosen to hide one or more optional updates.

Like you, I am hoping that Wise Care addresses this issue.  Most annoying.  I have to use an alternate disk cleaner now.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

PS:  Thank you Xilo for splitting off this message series into its own thread.

I excluded the 2 folders after update v2.97 and it now works fine,so will leave as is and see if anyone else has this problem,if no one does then I will delete folders and try again.PS thanks for your quick response,very impressive. I used pc checkup and common cleaner. I cleaned etc. directly after download of  update to v2.97 maybe I should have restarted computer before clean,??.