lip movement does not match sound on youtube or any other program, its like its dragging or something

.png

Operating system:Microsoft Windows XP (32 bit) Service Pack 3

System root: C:\WINDOWS

Available physical memory: 2038 MB

CPU: Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.60GHz

Drive Info:

C: 55.88 GB

Internet Explorer: 8.0

Translated: lip movement does not match sound on youtube or any other program, its like its dragging or something

Hello,

Please provide the following additional information:

What browser are you using when watching youtube videos?

Have you tried a different browser with the same results?

What media player are you using if/when it happens offline?

Did this problem just start or has it always been that way?

Did you make any major PC modifications right before it started?

Can you explain why you titled your post as "Virus?"

hello and thanks for your immediate response, i have tried google chrome and opera, and both work the same nothing changed. this started about two days ago and no i have not made any major changes to my computer. i labeled my issue as virus only because i figuered this was the problem, there seems to be plenty of memory

Hi again dewwatulike,

Thanks for that important information. So, no major changes like installing a bunch of Windows Updates? Did you download anything recently? If so, it could certainly be a virus but its too soon to confirm that IMHO so let's try a few things:

First, run a full AV scan and see if that picks up anything.
If not, download this MS Malicious Software Removal Tool and see if that helps:

MS Malicious Software Removal Tool

BTW, we may need to go back and forth on this issue to find a credible solution so don't be discouraged if these suggestions do not work. There will be more to come. Let me know.

UCanFixit 

im not sure about the media player, i just click on whatever it is im going to view and it comes on, mostly youtube, and on occasion tube plus is where i go to view movies,videos,etc. as far as troubleshooting i havent tried any

OK, so all of your audio issues are when you are viewing a video online; yes? If so, that narrows down the possibilities immensly! Please try my first suggestion and let me know.

UCanFixit

In preparation for additional research, could you provide a few youtube links to videos where the audio drags? I just want to make sure the issue is isolated to your PC or internet connection and is not a common problem. FYI, I've seen this problem crop up from time to time and sometimes it is a global youtube issue so this will help to prove where the problem actually lies.