Wise Jetsearch 1.45.79 does not install for all users, menu problem

Star86

A couple problems with a new installation. It searches well enough, but:

1. The menu box for selecting the hard drives to search does not work unless the user is logged into a Windows account with administrator privileges. It does not function at all if the user is logged into a limited account, thus rendering this program completely non-functional there.

I suggest that the installer should be changed to give the choice of enabling access for all users or just the administrator, a feature found in many other program installers.

2. Next, the drop-down menu for selecting which hard drives to search does not function correctly if there are more than 8 hard drive partitions to display:

- for example, with 10 partitions and one external USB drive, it only shows 8 initially, and when the mouse is used to pull down the slider bar it will at first display the rest but then when the left mouse button is released the menu snaps up to only displaying 8 drive letters again. The left mouse button has to held continuously in order to display the last ones.

It's kind of annoying - can this be fixed?

3. By default all drives are selected for searching. It's tedious to go through the list and uncheck the ones I do not want to search, so in my opinion it would be better if all were unchecked at startup, and then the ones selected are remembered the next time the program is started.

Hi,

Sorry to reply you late.

1, We will consider this permission options.

2, I have 9 partitions (2 hard disks and 2 external disks), the Jetsearch can display all of them.

Please notes, Wise Jetsearch can detect NTFS and FAT, not include EXFAT. 

Please check those two unlisted partitions, whether their format are EXFAT.

1.jpg

3, The default setting, eyes of the beholder wise see wisdom. If we change default settings as you wish,the default setting is eyes of the beholder wise see wisdom. If we change default settings as you wish, some one will ask us to select all drives to search as default settings.

Thank you.