Microsoft Excel 2007 freezes

Every time when I try and use MS Excel 2007 it freezes and I have to useTask Manager to shutthe program down. I have tried everything I can think of to solve but so far no solution. I have re-installed Excel 2003 which works fine but does not have some of the features I like with 2007 version. If I buy 2013 version would this solve the problem? Many thanks

Operating system:Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Service Pack 1

System root: C:\Windows

Available physical memory: 8080 MB

CPU: Intel® Core i5-2400S CPU @ 2.50GHz

Drive Info:

C: 456.01 GB

D: 9.65 GB

F: 931.51 GB

Internet Explorer: 11.0

I have tried everything I can think of to solve

To avoid redundant suggestions, you might want to detail the things you have tried so we don't get a response of "I tried that already." See my signature for help in effectively posting your issue. BTW, did it ever work?

If I buy 2013 version would this solve the problem?

IMHO, there is no guarantee that 2013 would fix your issue at this point because we haven't found the source of your 2007 issue.

Update: This private message was sent to me by JohnBishop. Apparently, he did a lot of subsequent investingation and solved the issue on his own. Moreoever, he was kind enough to provide the details to help others. Nice job!

Thanks for your reply. I removed Excel 2007 then reinstalled, tried MS Diagnostics under tools, then under Excel Resources options ran Microsoft diagnostics (again)removed all add-ins and tried Excel in safe mode, rebooted Windows into safe mode, tried MS "Fix it' download. I also installed "Advanced System Optimiser' checked for registry errors, out-of-date drivers, deleted all temp files, ran deep scan in my anti-virus software (Bitdefender) ran Malwarebytes to find viruses (there were several). Tried several other steps found under MS blogs. Finally I found the answer - see ling below. It was a compatability problem as the program was set for "Windows XP SP2" and I am using Windows 7. Hope this solution helps others.
http://answers.micro...c5-7e6d9ca796a6