[solved - WinXP SP3 x86] Error event ID 1500 profile cannot be loaded

In my event viewer I am seeing Error Event ID 1500 on windows xp sp3. Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, or that your network is functioning correctly.

I am not having problems getting online.

I am using the User Profile Hive Cleanup servoce and have set it to load automatically.

Every time I restart my computer, it takes a little bit longer to shut down. Then, the system file checker (sfc) begins every time the computer restarts.

Would a system restore fix the problem? If not, what is the solution?

Operating system:Microsoft Windows XP (32 bit) Service Pack 3

System root: C:\WINDOWS

Available physical memory: 254 MB

CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.06GHz

Drive Info:

C: 74.50 GB

Internet Explorer: 8.0

Hi eilatoo! :)

the system file checker (sfc) begins every time the computer restarts.

This should be solved with sfc /revert.

And anyway, does it show errors or no problems?

I am using the User Profile Hive Cleanup service and have set it to load automatically.

Are you sure that it is needed?

Have you tried without that service (you can disable it without uninstalling it).

No, sfc indicates no problems.  If you're asking about event view whether it shows problems, yes.  Userenv Event ID 1500.

Re UPH service, I don't really know whether it is required.  I am the sole user on my computer...so I think not?

What does sfc/revert actually do?

No joy.  I uninstalled UPH service and ran sfc /revert.  Identical problems remain:  when booting up I get a light blue screen saying "Please wait" (I forgot to mention that step before), sfc begins at startup and event viewer still logs userenv event error 1500.

No, that hadn't occurred to me so I haven't tried it.  I have absolutely no idea how to go about it either.  Would you explain to me in a simple way how to accomplish that or point me to a solution that is clear and precise please?  It sounds as though creating a new profile isn't simple.  Thank you.

when I create new account (profile), can I have administrative rights assigned to it?  If so, how do I do that?

what happens to the profile that cannot load?  Do I delete that account from user profiles? 

What should I name the new account, administrator?  my name? 

are there any other adjustments or consequences I should be aware of?

Please advise.

when I create new account (profile), can I have administrative rights assigned to it?  If so, how do I do that?

start, run, control userpasswords2 (enter)

Right click on a user, Group membership tab, you can choose the properties of your profiles.

what happens to the profile that cannot load?  Do I delete that account from user profiles?

You should create a third profile and use it to import correctly things from a profile to another.

You can import your preferences from that profile:

1) control panel, system, system properties, advanced tab, user profiles, settings, select the profile to copy, copy to, new profile).

2) Copying ntuser.dat files (I don't remember actually full names)

I don't know the differences between the two methods, but I actually used the second on a friend's pc (few days ago).

Before you delete the (old) profile, make sure the new profile got the functions/settings that you have set in the original profile (or if you only need to do some little changes).

What should I name the new account, administrator?  my name?

The one you prefer ;)

are there any other adjustments or consequences I should be aware of?

If you are using Outlook express, like my friend, you should import your emails, preferences, and so forth, from it (there's an accurate article on MS website support.microsoft.com, that I used).