Operating system:Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) Service Pack 1

System root: C:\Windows

Available physical memory: 8151 MB

CPU: Intel® Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz

Drive Info:

C: 1862.92 GB

Internet Explorer: 11.0

Hello BillyPennsbrother:

Welcome to the Wise Care Forum.  Sounds to me like you just upgraded your iTunes to the latest version.  I spent five hours getting the problems created by the failed install solved.  Essentially, you have to thoroughly remove all Apple software from your computer and then start reinstalling your Apple apps.  If you google the missing file name (which is not missing by the way), you will see that the Apple Support Forums are full of complaints about this "malware" update.  This is not a Windows problem.  It appears that the iTunes uninstaller for the version being updated deregisters its Mobile App Support Service before stopping it and that causes huge problems.  There is an uninstall order to be followed, which did not work for me.  I wound having to uninstall and reinstall all Apple software on my wife's computer and now everything is working fine.

Hope this helps.  Let us know how you make out.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Hello BillyPennsbrother:

Welcome to the Wise Care Forum.  Sounds to me like you just upgraded your iTunes to the latest version.  I spent five hours getting the problems created by the failed install solved.  Essentially, you have to thoroughly remove all Apple software from your computer and then start reinstalling your Apple apps.  If you google the missing file name (which is not missing by the way), you will see that the Apple Support Forums are full of complaints about this "malware" update.  This is not a Windows problem.  It appears that the iTunes uninstaller for the version being updated deregisters its Mobile App Support Service before stopping it and that causes huge problems.  There is an uninstall order to be followed, which did not work for me.  I wound having to uninstall and reinstall all Apple software on my wife's computer and now everything is working fine.

Hope this helps.  Let us know how you make out.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Hi again Phil!

FYI, the OP sent me a PM (after his original post) and I ask him about itunes. He confirmed he just updated it so I pointed him to a few fixes. Hopefully, he'll come back and confirm that was the real issue. Anyway, you provided a great response without knowing for sure that he was using itunes so I applaud you for that effort!

Cheers!

UCanFixit

Thanks Phil

I uninstalled all my Apple stuff as you suggested and it's solved the problem. I will need to re-install it all but it

seems the problem was with the uninstall from the iTunes upgrade as you suggested.

UCanFixit pointed me in the right direction as my first responder, and your advice based on specific experience sorted it for me.

This is the first time i have used the WiseClean Forum and I must say I'm blown away by the response.

Thanks a million folks - it's so gratifying to know there are some caring people out there in cyberspace.

God bless you,.BPB

Glad to be of assistance, BPB.  UCanFixit, thank you for your kind words.  I took a guess as to his problem based on my recent experience with my wife's computer.  I was grateful for all of the helpful advice in the Apple Support Forums.

We are all here to help each other.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil