dll files

Missing file msvcr80, and one other. I tried a free trial version of a fix-dll program to restore it, but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Is there a way to restore these files when you don't have the windows 7 disc, and don't want to lose any data?

Operating system:Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Service Pack 1

System root: C:\windows

Available physical memory: 3964 MB

CPU: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz

Drive Info:

C: 435.61 GB

Internet Explorer: 11.0

Allistersmith:

Welcome to the Wise Care Forum.  Sounds to me like you are a victim of the latest iTunes update.  Google the missing file "MSVCR80.DLL" and you will find hundreds of posts on the Apple Support Forums and elsewhere.  I spent five hours

fixing the problem on my wife's computer.  Essentially, in the end, I had to aggressively uninstall every Apple app and then reinstall.  There is an alleged order of just the uninstall of iTunes only components, but that did not work for me.

Essentially it appears that the version of iTunes being updated has a defective uninstaller which deregisters the Apple Mobile Support App before stopping it, and then tries to stop it, which it can't because it is deregisterd and the whole mess goes south from there.

The file in question, and the other one, are not missing in reality but Apple has mucked up your registry.  Avoid the free .dll cleaners.  The only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the defective Apple components.  Good luck.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil