[Solved - Win7 sp1 x64] popup message upon starting up the pc.

I've done everything I can think of to make this not happen whenever I start up my pc. I'm sure I downloaded an app for my desktop and then "uninstalled" it, and whenever it uninstalled and I permanently deleted it from my pc, that is when this problem began. I suppose it's not that big of a deal, but I don't like that this continues to happen. I've even restored my pc and "that" worked but messed up other things, so I undid the restore. So now the only thing that is wrong is this message that keeps creeping up telling me that something is missing and therefore it won't start up. Can anyone help me to figure out how to make this STOP? Please? Thank you in advance.

4c6eaf28d982df2a73a3e01a05cef87d.png

Operating system:Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Service Pack 1

System root: C:\Windows

Available physical memory: 3767 MB

CPU: Intel® Pentium® CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz

Drive Info:

C: 449.66 GB

Internet Explorer: 11.0

It sounds to me like you were "infected" by the search.conduit malware.  It also sounds like you only partially uninstalled it, and so it continues to look for its missing parts.  Google "search.conduit malware" and you will find instructions for removing it, if it is still showing as installed.  If not, you would have to check if the WiseCare Program Uninstaller Utility can do a "forced uninstall."  While I use WiseCare Pro 365 for computer maintenance, I purchased Revo Uninstaller Pro a few years ago precisely for its ability to root and uninstall programs that Windows Control Panel Uninstall could not get at because they were not showing as installed.  As such, I have never downloaded the WiseCare Uninstaller for my home computers, so am not aware of its full capabilities, though I have used it for routine uninstalls on client computers, since it does scan for leftovers whereas the Windows Uninstaller does not.  I have been very pleased with the WiseCare uninstaller.

If I have violated Forum rules by mentioning a competitor's product, I apologize.  Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Thank you so much, I have followed all of the instructions on one of the searches I did for "search.conduit malware", and I'm now free of all bothersome activities on my PC. Specifically the pop up has now completely disappeared! "yay"!! I think I'm going to have to make you an honorary CherubAngel now. :-) Seriously, I now have all of the listed items you mentioned along with one or two that the article I followed mentioned, and each and every one that I tried, found something until the very last one I ran. So I currently now have Along with WiseCare Pro, HitmanPro, Malwarebytes Pro, Revo Uninstaller Pro, JunkWareRemoval Tool, and Adware Cleaner. Oh along with Microsoft Security Essentials. I feel like these items will "all" work together to keep my computer running smoothly!

Again, I thank you so much. If anybody is curious which link I followed on Google, it was the following link.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-conduit-search-virus/

Cherub Angel:  Glad you were able to rid your computer of search.conduit.  I have a friend who has been infected twice by that piece of malware.  Sounds like you are in good shape for the future.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil