Feature requests/Suggestions: Wise Registry Cleaner missing features

xilolee

• 5 months later...

@WiseCleaner_Admin and WiseCleaner Team:

While you're in beta stage (yes, I saw it ;-) ), I take the opportunity to refresh the feature requests (already discussed in previous posts):

• Did you implemented this? (it seems yes, but I could be wrong)

Introduce arrows, CTRL+click and SHIFT+click functionality. This allows to select a part of found problems in a section and ignore them in one click (well, two clicks: right-click on the selection, click on ignore).

• Re-introduce the previous mode (WRC 8 interface): something like classic and clear modes in WDC.
  • Custom area: replace the scan button with the save button, to save the choices, because when I click the top-right X, the choices won't be saved.

It was fixed in 9.15, but it returned in the current stable release and also in the beta. I'd also prefer its previous location (bottom-left corner).

• Tooltips don't work (they work in the stable release).
  • auto-adjust columns (when double-clicking the column cursor).
  • some entries don't show the description.

Currently I have these three entries without a description:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C79BA6D1-F7B8-4b87-A405-ED9DE29A8B6D}\AppID=

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CEDCD345-8C2C-4928-B8C9-AE867372A7CF}\AppID=

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D1219BD5-B542-4ab7-82CB-C89DDA9F3768}\AppID=

Aww MAN!  What a bummer that the Wise Registry Cleaner new GUI has not been fixed.  I still contend that it is inferior to the old one regarding what and how it presents the information that it presents.  I can't believe more users are not having a problem with it and not speaking out about it.  It just plain ole leaves one information-challenged ... ammunition-challenged so as one to be able to make more thorough, correct and safe decisions regarding what found items to allow to be deleted.

I'm still using using version 8.83 as that is the last version that is thorough and great.  The newer versions leave one to gamble, throw the dice ... or to play it too conservatively due to not being able to decipher the vague info.

• 6 months later...

Hi WiseCleaner_Admin (and Wise Team/Developers).

Problems in the current version (9.43.614 - 30 Apr 2017):

• The register item in the menu (or the item before the about button in the menu) isn't visible (obviously, in the free version).
  • When changing language, the area names (after doing a scan) won't be changed.
    They'll remain with the old language.
    To change the language, the user must hover the mouse pointer over the area names.
  • After the scan, when the user examines an area (I made and attached a screenshot showing these problems):
    • When the user double click the title bar, the window won't be maximized.
    • When using a custom scaling, the first sentence could be truncated (but the tooltip works! :-) ).
    • It isn't possible to auto-adjust columns (when double-clicking the column pointer).
    • Tooltips work just for the third column. They should work for all columns.
    • When changing language, the previous language will remain enabled for values descriptions.
      Example: I started the scan in Italian, then I changed the language to English, then I click an area and an item: the description of the item will be in Italian rather than in English.
    • I can select the entries with ctrl+click, but when I right-click the selection, the selection itself will disappear (and I can't do anything with it)
    • I can create a rectangle with the mouse to select items (i.e., press/hold the left mouse button in a point, create a rectangle, leave the mouse button), but when I right-click the selection, the selection itself will disappear (and I can't do anything with it)

yuiuy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I know these are little GUI problems, but it's always good to see a software well made even in its GUI. ;-)

Problems in the current version (9.44.616); after the scan, when the user examines an area:

• There are still problems with tooltips.

1) compress ONLY the first column and hover the mouse over a value: the tooltip won't be shown (i.e., this doesn't work).

2) compress ONLY the second column and hover the mouse over a value: the tooltip will be shown (i.e., this works).

3) compress ONLY the third column and hover the mouse over a value: the tooltip won't be shown (i.e., this doesn't work).

4) compress ONLY first and third columns, then hover the mouse over values: tooltips won't be shown (i.e., this doesn't work).

5) compress ONLY first and second columns, then hover the mouse over values: tooltips won't be shown for the first one, they will be shown for the second one (i.e., this doesn't work).

6) compress ONLY second and third columns, then hover the mouse over values: tooltips will be shown for the second one, they won't be shown for the third one (i.e., this doesn't work).

7) compress all columns, then hover the mouse over values: tooltips will be shown for first and second ones, they won't be shown for the third one (i.e., this doesn't work).

• When changing language, the previous language will remain enabled for values descriptions.

I.e., steps to reproduce this:

1) do a scan

2) change language

3) examine an area and click on a value: it will be displayed in previous language

• It isn't possible to auto-adjust columns (when double-clicking the column pointer).
  • I can select the entries with ctrl+click or shift+click, but when I right-click the selection, the selection itself will disappear (and I can't do anything with it)
  • I can create a rectangle with the mouse to select items (i.e., press/hold the left mouse button in a point, create a rectangle, leave the mouse button), but when I right-click the selection, the selection itself will disappear (and I can't do anything with it)

No, usually when a windows user put the mouse pointer between two top columns, i.e. where the columns start, the pointer changes and then double-clicking the pointer, while it is changed, allows to auto-size (maybe if I used auto-size instead of auto-adjust in previous post, you'd have soon understood) the left column.

• 1 year later...