Printer won't communicate with computer

My os is Windows 7 Home Premium. I have a Lexmark X5650 all-in-one printer. Although the printer still functions, i.e., copies, auto feeds paper, etc., and print jobs are shown clearly in the print queue, there is a connectivity problem which is preventing the jobs in the queue to print. I have tried uninstalling the printer, updating both Lexmark and Windows drivers, checking my firewall settings, checking that this printer is set as the default, and nothing has worked. I bought a cheap HP printer, installed it, and it prints perfectly. But no matter what I do, I can't print on the Lexmark. In desperation, I'm thinking about reinstalling Windows 7, but I'll also have to reinstall everything else that's on the computer. Can you help??

Operating system:Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Service Pack 1

System root: C:\Windows

Available physical memory: 3839 MB

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 645 Processor

Drive Info:

C: 913.84 GB

E: 0.10 GB

Internet Explorer: 10.0

Hi jhs1941! :)

Have you already downloaded and installed these files from lexmark?
1) Complete drivers and software for setting up, configuring, and using your device with Windows 64-bit (click) --- Windows 7 (64-bit) --- USA --- English
2) 64 bit Core driver for the Lexmark 5600 Series-minimal print and scan drivers with supporting software (click) --- Windows 7 (64-bit) --- USA --- English

Is the print spooler service (start --> services.msc (press enter)) started , with startup = automatic ?

• 2 weeks later...

When first booted up, one print job will print from the queue. If I send a second job to the queue, the only way to get it to print is to reboot the computer. I bought another inexpensive printer and it works properly, but it doesn't have the features that my primary printer has, i.e., no fax capability, no automatic feed function. I have tried downloading the most current drivers, both Lexmark and Windows, but that hasn't helped. I've tried an alternate USB port on my computer, there's no difference. Any suggestions?

Operating system:Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Service Pack 1

System root: C:\Windows

Available physical memory: 3839 MB

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 645 Processor

Drive Info:

C: 913.84 GB

E: 0.10 GB

Internet Explorer: 11.0

Print spooler directs and stores print information from the CPU to the printer. If it is not working or giving some error, then:-

please try the steps below,

• Click Start=>Settings=>Control Panel=>Administrative Tools=>Component Services
  • Click Services (Local)
  • Scroll down to print Spooler
  • Right Click--properties--- make it Automatic

• 9 months later...