Freezes constantly

Every single boot this problem occurs....No more than within 5 min of loading my user profile is when the computer freezes. I thought it may have been the CPU getting too hot but I\'ve yet to find a solution. Anything you can do would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Erik

Hi and welcome, Erik :)

You can try this and it does not help - it is the best program Wise Care 365 that might help you, if you do not have it yet :)

1. Right-click on the taskbar and select Start Task Manager

image001.png

2. When the Task Manager opens, go to the Processes tab

image002.png

You will now see all the processes running on your system and how much system resources each process takes up.

As a rule, you are bound to find several processes belonging to utilities that check for software updates or make certain software launch faster.

The truth is, you don’t really need them running all the time and they can safely be disabled.

Unnecessary startup items are easy to manage with the help of the System Configuration Utility.

Here’s how:

1. Click on the Start button, then click Run (for Windows XP) or Search Programs and files (for Windows 7).

2. Type msconfig in the box and hit Enter. This will launch the System Configuration Utility.

3. Go to the Startup tab. You will see a list of all programs launching on Windows startup.

image004.png

4. Now go through the list and simply uncheck the programs you don’t want to start automatically.

Be careful and don’t start disabling recklessly.

If you don’t know what something is, it’s best to leave it alone or at least Google it before disabling.

Otherwise you risk making your PC unbootable.

5. Click Apply and then click OK.

6. Reboot Windows for the changes to take effect.