Can't get Microsoft Updates

Every time I try to go to Windows Update the link errors out. I've been all over Microsoft but can't find a solution. I've loved your Registry Clearner so I thought I would try this program.

Thanks for all you do and for making it work for us poor people!

[Error number: 0x8024D001]

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

Operating system:Microsoft Windows XP (32 bit) Service Pack 3

System root: C:\WINDOWS

Available physical memory: 446 MB

CPU: Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 3600+

Drive Info:

C: 931.50 GB

Internet Explorer: 8.0

Good thought.  I had tried it once before but since I was having so much trouble at the time I tried it again.  Same result; same error message.  This was a new Hard Drive to replace a failed one.  Had a devil of a time getting SP3 installed and thought all my worries would be over once it installed.  No such luck.  Any more ideas? 

Yup! Try ANOTHER microsoft fix-it(kb2497281): http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9787446

;)

Or "Information for network administrators about how to obtain the latest Windows Update Agent" (kb946928): Download the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe package now.

Or check this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_update/cannot-use-windows-update-error-number-0x8024d001/0ee8dde8-d842-4988-be81-297abc908488?page=1

Thanks for your questions. 

You may try the following steps and check if it helps.

one step is you may refer to the following article and try running the fix it and check if it helps.

Automatically diagnose and fix common problems with Windows Update

Another step is you may also try the steps provided in the following article and check.

You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server Update Services  

• 3 months later...
you can solve  windows update error 0x8024d001 via following some steps:

register wups2.dll file. for register it
For windows XP (Go to run item on start menu and type) and for windows Vista or 7 (go to start search box on the start menu and type):
a. For 32-bit
net stop wuauserv
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll
net start wuauserv

b. For 64-bit
net stop wuauserv
regsvr32 %windir%\syswow64\wups2.dll
net start wuauserv
for more details about 0x8024d001 error click here