Defragging Policy for SSDs

rviyeruk

I could not find any reference to solid state drives. Normally one would expect the software to detect if the drive in question is solid state, in which case defragging should be disabled automatically. Not finding such an assurance I am wary of clicking on the registry cleaner and drive cleaner utilities build into this software. What IS the software author's policy on this?

Hi,

Registry defrad is different with Disk defrag.

Registry defrag analyzes and then compresses your redundant registry fragments. This will not affect the performance of SSD.

Disk defrag will check and analyzes your disks first, it will skip the defragment when finding SSD drive.

Thanks for your response. From this I presume that you are saying that both Registry Analysis and Disk Analysis will be performed irrespective of whether it is an SSD or not. My understanding is that even an analysis of the SSD is detrimental to its life. Your comments on this?

"Analyze" means just reading, not means to write or move fragment files. So,  an analysis of the SSD is not detrimental to its life.

When you click "defragment " button, first, Wise Disk Cleaner will detect (not analyze) your disk whether is an SSD, if yes,  it will ask you whether continue to do defragment, if you click "no", it will cancel analysis and defragment on ssd, skip to analyze next disk.

"Analyze" means just reading, not means to write or move fragment files. So,  an analysis of the SSD is not detrimental to its life.

When you click "defragment " button, first, Wise Disk Cleaner will detect (not analyze) your disk whether is an SSD, if yes,  it will ask you whether continue to do defragment, if you click "no", it will cancel analysis and defragment on ssd, skip to analyze next disk.

Thanks, Wisecleaner. That answers my initial misgivings.

• 10 months later...

csabyka24 reported the previous message instead of replying to it:

jo napot!
kerem segitsen.
Wise Registry Cleanert hasznalok es egy sdd hardom van a notebookomban.
A rendszerleíró töredezettségmentesítés hasznaljam vagy nem?
jot tesz vagy rosszat az ssd-nek.
kerem segitsen.
koszonom elore is...

translated from hungarian
Hello!
Please help me.
Wise Registry Cleaner is used with a notebook in my sdd Harden.
A registry defragmentation is used or not?
I do good or bad for the SSDs.
Please help me.
Thanks in advance...

Disk Defragmenter is a utility designed to increase access speed by rearranging files stored on a disk to occupy contiguous storage locations, a technique called defragmentation.

Registry Defrag in Wise Registry Cleaner (and Wise Care 365) is different with disk defrag. Windows registry like a file, when we installed many programs, the file will be very large, and Windows will start very slow. Registry defrag will compress registry to reduce its size to speed up system.

Disk defrag will do lots of disk operation, it is harmful for SSD. But, registry defrag will only affect one file, it won't harm SSD.