Cannot remove problems

David787

I have been using the free version of WRC for quite some time. I run the Deep Scan every day, with all options checked in the Custom Area. Until recently all went smoothly.

A few weeks ago, it would try to clean the registry but started showing a message that said that it failed to remove 2 or 3 problems. After a few days of that it started saying it failed to remove 6 problems. Later it went to 10 problems, and for about the last week it says "Failed to remove 12 problems." But each time it doesn't tell me which problems it could not resolve. If I run the scan a second time it says there's nothing to clean. I get the same scenario every day, with no other explanation.

Is this normal? Anything to worry about?

@David787

Hello,

When you see the message "Failed to remove xxx problems", please click the Scan button again. Then you will see which items were deleted failed.

If a registry entry was created by antivirus software (like Norton, or Avira), Wise Registry Cleaner cannot delete it.

Please right-click on this entry and click Open in Registry Editor, then manually delete it in the opened Registry Editor. 

image.png 

image.png

Please open a folder, then type the path below C:\Users\Ivan\AppData\Roaming\Wise Registry Cleaner and press Enter to open it.

You will see a file named Errorlog.txt. Open it and you can see the entries that Wise Registry Cleaner failed to delete.

Please delete this file, then open Wise Registry Cleaner and scan again.

Right-click on the entry and click Open in Registry Editor, then manually delete it in the opened Registry Editor. Or, click Ignore selected entry to add it to the exclusion list.