Wise Memory Optimizer update not working well

Wise Memory Optimizer was working nicely until it updated to the current version, 4.1.6.118.  It pretty reliably kept memory usage below 85%, usually below 80%.  Since the upgrade, with my computer habits unchanged, memory usage often gets up to 88-89%, and system performance suffers noticeably.

@NorrinRadd

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, Wise Memory Optimizer v4.1.6 uses more memory than v4.1.4  because 4.1.4 is only a 32-bit version, while 4.1.6 has 32-bit and 64-bit versions. If your operating system is 64-bit.

However, the difference is very small. On my computer (latest Windows 11), version 4.1.6 uses 5.3-6 MB of memory, and version 4.1.4 uses 4.5-5.0 MB of memory. 

Please open the Task Manager and check which process is taking up more memory.

The following link is to download version 4.1.4 (portable version)

https://downloads.wisecleaner.com/soft/WMO_4.1.4.116.zip

4.16.png

4.14.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 5:45 AM, wisecleaner_admin said:

@NorrinRadd

Hello,

Yes, Wise Memory Optimizer v4.1.6 uses more memory than v4.1.4  because 4.1.4 is only a 32-bit version, while 4.1.6 has 32-bit and 64-bit versions. If your operating system is 64-bit.

However, the difference is very small. On my computer (latest Windows 11), version 4.1.6 uses 5.3-6 MB of memory, and version 4.1.4 uses 4.5-5.0 MB of memory. 

4.16.png

4.14.png

On 4/21/2022 at 5:45 AM, wisecleaner_admin said:

@NorrinRadd

Hello,

4.16.png

4.14.png

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, it does not address my concerns.  I don't care how much memory WMO uses.  My concern is that the new version is not working as well as the previous version did.  The  previous version worked automatically to manage RAM usage.  The new one only works manually, and sometimes not even then.  It often gives "not enough timers" error messages.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Thank you also for trying to provide a link to the old WMO so that I could try reverting.  Unfortunately, while the link *says* 4.1.4.116, it *actually* points to the current version, 4.1.6.118.

Hello,

Sorry about the link, please try this one: https://downloads.wisecleaner.com/soft/WMO_4.1.4.116.zip

We test the auto-optimize function in Windows 7. It works well.

The principle of Auto-Optimize is that Wise Memory Optimizer checks whether the available memory is lower than the set value every 5 minutes from the time it starts running. If yes, WMO optimizes memory immediately. If not, it will wait 5 minutes and check again.

If the option "Run when CPU is idle" is enabled, then the principle is that Wise Memory Optimizer checks whether the available memory is lower than the set value and CPU usage is lower than 5% every 5 minutes from the time it starts running. If yes, WMO optimizes memory immediately. If not, it will wait 5 minutes and check again.

• 8 months later...

I have the same problem. Before I used an old 2016 portable WMO version 32 bit and it always worked without any flaw. I currently run the latest version portable of WMO x64 on Widows 11. After a month of good working, for a few days WMO often doesn't optimize the ram, resulting in program crashes or system slow down. I set it to run when free memory is under 30%. But now often the memory is filled for 90/95% and WMO doesn't run optimization. Would it be possible to get a link to a very old portable version, like the one I used before?

• 3 weeks later...

@1Al

Sorry for the late reply.

The principle of Auto-Optimize is that Wise Memory Optimizer checks whether the available memory is lower than the set value every 5 minutes from the time it starts running. If yes, WMO optimizes memory immediately. If not, it will wait 5 minutes and check again.

It is not optimized immediately when the available memory is lower than the set value. For example, the available content is lower than the set value after 3 minutes after WMO is running, but the 5 minute check time has not been reached, so wmo will not optimize immediately.

Yes, we can offer you an older version. We released 6 versions of Wise Memory Optimizer in 2016, from 3.4.3 to 3.4.9, please tell me the version number you want.