Is Wisecleaner still an active product?

Stevie

Hi.

I started using these products from the IOBIT range because I found these programs much better usage wise, and they seemed to be better in their performance too.

I was wondering if Wise Cleaner had ever been reported as showing us false positives when scanning, either the basic scan or the advanced scan? I ask this because sometimes I will run the basic scan - see the results - then run the clean. But if I scan again it finds yet more and recommends a clean again, this can happen three times or more if I keep going! Or am I simply using the program wrong, apologies if I am.

As the title suggests, is this still an active product? The reason I ask this is because there seems to be a lot of posts from a long time ago, not a lot of new date posts. Also there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of Up Dates to the programs, so are they still working on the products such as Wise Disk Cleaner and Wise Registry Cleaner?

Hi Steive,

Thanks for contacting us. WiseCleaner is still activate.

Previously, email and forum were the main ways for users to report problems to us. Since we have a built-in support center in each WiseCleaner product, which makes it more convenient for users to contact us,  rarely contact us by posting on the forum.

image.png

16 hours ago, Stevie said:

I was wondering if Wise Cleaner had ever been reported as showing us false positives when scanning, either the basic scan or the advanced scan? I ask this because sometimes I will run the basic scan - see the results - then run the clean. But if I scan again it finds yet more and recommends a clean again, this can happen three times or more if I keep going! Or am I simply using the program wrong, apologies if I am.

When WiseCleaner is running and trying to clear disk or registry, the OS is running and some applications are running too. 

• Files are inusing. WiseCleaner cannot clear an inusing file but will try to clear it in the next reboot.
  • Files are newly created. WiseCleaner has clear files successfully but applications create a new file with the same name.
  • Files and registry entries are protected. Some special files and registry entries are created by anti-virus applications. WiseCleaner cannot clear these files and registry entries even if they are temporary files.

Therefore, you may see that there are still removable files after cleaning.