Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible.

There are a few steps to try.

First, try resetting Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

If this doesn’t solve the problem, trying using the Firefox Profile Manager to remove your old profile and create a new one manually:https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

If this still doesn’t work, try deleting the profile.ini file to force Firefox to create a new default profile:

• Make sure that Firefox is closed
  • Press Windows key+R to open the Run box
  • Type: %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox
  • Click “OK”
  • Delete the file called “profile.ini”
  • Run Firefox again

Thanks.

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I have the same problem.  A dodgy site had affected FF so I uninstalled and re-installed.  I got the error message above.

As it won't load Firefox at all, I can't do either of the first 2 suggestions and when I try to do the third it says "access is denied".  Any thoughts please?

Thanks

1) Uninstall firefox completely (preferences included)

2) Check if it has left any traces on your pc (WiseCare365 could help in this case)

3) Download the installer from mozilla firefox website, right click the installer, properties, unblock/unlock it (you can also scan it with your antivirus)

4) Run the installer as an administrator

5) Check if it works

Hope this helps and looking forward for your feedback!

From Windows GUI, go to C:\Users\YOUR-USER-NAME\AppData\Local\Mozilla and try to navigate to every sub-folder.
If it asks for permissions on at least one folder, launch the following command from an elevated command prompt:

icacls %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Mozilla\ /grant %username%:(f) /T