Discrepancy Between WDC and Wise Care 365 Junk Files

Chim

I mentioned this issue over on my Wise Care 365 vs. Wise Registry Cleaner thread.  I thought I'd put it here in its own thread since on the surface, it looks like it MIGHT be a WDC issue instead of a Wise Care 365 issue ... although I could be wrong.  Either way, now I have visual proof and more detail.

In the 2nd image attached below, you'll notice how Wise Care 365 4.5.6 managed to detect 695 Junk Files Created by Applications for a total of 92.3 MegaBytes.  While it found various items first in that category ... starting with the yellow highlighted items, it was predominantly a mountain of Maxthon Cloud browser cache.  Of course, I only included a micro sample of that Maxthon cache.  

In the 1st image attached below, you'll notice how Wise Disk Cleaner 9.41 detected NO Junk Files.  That is quite a huge discrepancy.  I could be wrong in my thinking, but I would think that WDC and the Common Cleaner function in Wise Care 365 would / should work pretty much the same and yield same results or at least pretty close to the same.

True, as was mentioned in the Wise Care 365 vs. Wise Registry Cleaner thread, Wise does NOT at this time support Maxthon.  However, logically, the results of this experiment seem to indicate that either WDC or the Common Cleaner function in Wise Care 365 is wrong ... or both --- and needs to be fixed to match the other app.  In other words, either Wise Care 365 should NOT have detected all those 695 items as Junk Files Created by Applications ... or WDC SHOULD have detected them instead of missing them.

Oh, and also, as can be seen in the 2 images, there also seems to be a noticeable discrepancy in the Old Prefetch Data between the 2 apps.  True, it's not a huge discrepancy as with the other issue, but a discrepancy nonetheless.  I don't know if there is a logical explanation for that or whether that also needs to be looked into.

Sorry about how I discussed the 2nd image first instead of starting with the 1st image.  It's that after submitting my topic, the order of my images was mysteriously swapped.  So, I had to edit the text to match the order of the images.

post-37732-0-31931300-1489015549_thumb.jpg

post-37732-0-73214900-1489015630_thumb.jpg

Hey,

Did you set up a exclusion list in WDC?
We did some tests, but WDC and W365 have same result of Junk Files Created by Application.
Please open %appdata%\Wise Disk Cleaner\, delete this folder or rename it.
Then scan system again.

About Maxthon cache file, as I said, wisecleaner don't support to clean it, the reason of wise care 365 can find its cache file is Maxthon stored its cache files in Windows temporary folder.

dc-vs-365.png

Okay, you're going to help me out here.  This %appdata%\Wise Disk Cleaner\ that I'm supposed to open and delete ... where is it?  Where do I find it, what path?  Keep in mind that my WDC 9.41 is the PortableApps.com version and it is in my Flash Drive.

I have attached the Exclusions window of my WDC 9.41.  There are no exclusions.

Any OTHER possible setting that could affect / cause it to not detect those Junk Files?

post-37732-0-94824600-1489070678_thumb.jpg

Any possibility that the results can be affected by the Windows version?  I use Windows XP Pro SP3.  Did you all use Windows 7 or 8 or 10?

And just in case it could possibly make a difference, my anti-virus is avast 12.3.2280.

%appdata% in WinXP: "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName>\Application Data"
%appdata% in WinVista onwards: "C:\users\UserName\Appdata\roaming"
In your case "C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Application Data"

Now, seeing your picture, it seems WCare365 checks also "%localappdata%\temp".
%localappdata% in WinXP: "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data"
%localappdata% in WinVista onwards: "C:\users\UserName\Appdata\local"
In your case: "C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Local Settings\Application Data"

Hence "%appdata%\Wise Disk Cleaner\" should be, in your case, in "C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Application Data\Wise Disk Cleaner", but given that you are using the portable version, it shouldn't be created (because in a portable version the files should stay inside the application folder).
Indeed when I open WDC portable version, it creates "only" (and imo it should not create it) Wise euask folder (in %appdata%).
Current files I have inside WDC 9.43 (current version):

Languages (directory)
1c.ico
config.ini
DefragOptions.ini
exclusions.dat (yes, I have some exclusions)
LanguageList.txt
License.txt
LiveUpdate.exe
sqlite3.dll
Types.lst
UserCustom.ini (created by me)
WiseDefrag.dll
WiseDiskCleaner.exe

Oooooooo!  I have solved the problem!  Woo Hoo!  :)

Okay, first I decided I was going to try uninstalling my PortableApps.com WDC 9.41 and reinstalling it to see if that would fix the problem.

Verdict?  It did NOT fix the problem.  :angry:

I then decided I'd try downloading a NON-PortableApps.com WDC and installing that to see if maybe THAT would fix the problem.  Immediately I realized at Softpedia that actually, there was already a WDC 9.43.659 version available.  I installed that newer version of WDC and conducted my side by side faceoff experiment vs. Wise Care 365 4.5.7.432 again.

Verdict?  Eureka!  Woo Hoo!  YAY!  

That fixed the problem!  :D  :) 

That newer WDC 9.43.659 detected the same 852 Junk Files Created by Applications as Wise Care 365 4.5.7.432!   B) 

Now, what I do NOT know is ...

Did that WDC 9.43.659 from Softpedia detect those Junk Files because it is a newer version than my old WDC 9.41 from PortableApps.com?

Or did it detect them because it was a NON-PortableApps.com version?  As in was there possibly a bug in the PortableApps.com version?

@Xilo:  Good information, Xilo.

Confirming what you saw, I checked in the Wise Disk Cleaner folder in the PA.com platform in my Flash Drive and as can be seen in the attached image ...

I concur that there's really virtually nothing in there that can be tweaked.  It looks like the main application file there at the bottom left does pretty much most everything internally.

What was throwing me off when I asked where to find  %appdata%\Wise Disk Cleaner\  was that --- isn't that backwards?  Shouldn't it have been \Wise Disk Cleaner\%appdata%  or something along those lines?  That's why I was, "I'm lost."  Even the Windows Search function told me it didn't compute.   :lol: 

Nevertheless, thanks for the info just the same.  :)

post-37732-0-91329600-1489109172_thumb.png

• 4 months later...