WiseVideoPlayer feature requests, bug reports, updated translations

New released beta version  - Wise Video Player

mvp-ad.png

Smart and Powerful, that you can play any format videos. It is an all-powerful video player, also an audio player.

Supported video formats: .asf, .avi, .wm, .wmp, .wmv, .ram, .rm, .rmvb, .rp, .rpm, .rt, .smil, .scm, .m1v, .m2v, .m2ts, .mp2v, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mp4, .3gp, .mov, .flv, .swf, .mkv, .mts

Supported audio formats: .acc, .ac3, .mla, .m2a, .m4a, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .mpc, .wav, .wma, .mid, .midi, .oga, .ogg

main-interface.png

Be the first to experience the beta version!

Click Here to download Wise Video Player

Tell us whether you like it! (  :)  or  :( )

Your valuable feedback makes the new-born better!
Thank you in advance! 

Release note:

v1.55.82 (Jan. 25, 2017)

The first beta version

• 2 weeks later...

I have downloaded it and taken it out for some spins.

As to the whether I like it or not?  Considering that of course it's in its 1st Beta, sure, I'm liking what I'm seeing as a good foundation.  Hopefully it progresses to grow into the level of prowess of the other fine Wise products that I also like.

That said ... Okay, now for some feedback.  Right now my Media Player of choice is VLC Media Player.  So, all of my feedback will be referenced / compared to what perks I like about that Media Player.  

1. A separate STOP button would be very helpful and appreciated instead of just a Pause button as is the case right now.
  2. A Video Zoom menu from which to select between 1:4 Quarter ... 1:2 Half ... 1:1 Original ... 2:1 Double would be nice.  For example:  Right now a few of my videos are very small physical size, maybe 320px wide or so.  They have a decent file size to where I can zoom them to Double size and still get decent resolution.  Going Full Screen mode with those is too much and won't yield decent resolution.  Then there are some of my other videos, which have a default big physical size, but their resolution is a bit fuzzy.  So, I prefer to view those in Half size.
  3. A finer level of control on the Volume Control would be great.  And with the % indication displaying upon hovering on it.  Because on a lot of my videos I already have a solid idea of at what % volume I listen to them as the volume requirement of course varies between videos.  So, I like to quickly set the volume to the % that I recall for each video.
  4. An Audio option to select - Always reset audio start level to xx%.  For example:  Since my videos vary widely as to at what % volume I'm going to listen to them, I have my Media Player set to always come up at 48% volume as a good place to start so it won't be too loud.  From there I adjust it as need be.
  5. My webm videos are currently not being recognized.  Wise Media Player is being promoted as playing any format videos.  And I even see on the GUI that it says "webm."  So, I'm guessing webm capability will be added soon?
  6. I noticed that when I have Wise Video Player in NON-Full Screen mode and I minimized the window ... the audio cuts out completely and won't resume until the window is maximized again.  In other words, Wise Video Player will not play audio unless the Media Player window is actually DISPLAYING ... and as the forefront window at that.  So that needs to be fixed.
  7. I noticed that some of my videos on VLC normally start out by default in their full blown 1280px wide format / size ... videos that have plenty of file size to look great at that size.  On Wise Video Player, those same videos start out by default at a smaller size.  I then have to manually maximize them to their normal, bigger size.  So that has to be fixed.  Or at least have a setting to select the option of choice.
  8. Incorporate the capability of taking a Snapshot.
  9. Add to Windows Context Menu - Play with Wise Video Player.
  10. In the future, make available a Portable version.

• 2 months later...

Hi WiseCleaner_Admin (and developers/team)! :-)

Should the ButtonFont work? (When I hover the mouse over it, nothing happens and the button is greyed out).
Or is it still in development?
Or does it work only when subtitles are present?

The only WEBM file I have got, works.

I can't understand the usefulness of "FrmSavePic.chkshow.caption=Don't show this window again.", i.e. the checkbox in the bottom-left corner of the "save picture" window.
Should the browse button show "Browse..." or should it show two dots only? Its balloon-tip/hint works! 

The website of WVP says "Portable version available. Wrap Wise Video Player in your pocket and use it anywhere.", but I can't see either a button to download the portable version from the website, or a button in the program to generate/create the portable version (like your other freebies).

;)

• 1 month later...

• BUG DETECTED

I was hearing a song and, when it finished, it didn't restart from the beginning.

I wasn't able to restart the song in any way, other than re-open it.

The same happens with videos (tried only one).

• FEATURE REQUEST

Other players offer the possibility to loop the song/video (through a button or through the options).

Imo this is a must-have.

• FEATURE REQUEST

I always like to reduce the song/video speed to hear better the words said by the artists, or to increase the song/video speed for fun or because I think it's better.

Imo this is a must-have.

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the playback speed!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

It would be nicer if it were put in the main commands bar (i.e. near skip, play/pause...).

When I use the mouse wheel UP, speed will decrease (and viceversa): it should be the opposite.

The first point in my previous message is still there (i.e., I can't restart the same media after I played it, because it is closed).

It doesn't remember the audio percentage between sessions.

Sometimes the command bar remains in its previous position, after the program is maximized.

Or when clicking the program many times in the taskbar (making it appear-disappear-reappear...).

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...