[Fixed] Wise JetSearch don't find files on the OS partition

Hi !

I'm using Wise JetSearch 2.25.130 on my Windows 10 version 1511 system.

The problem is : Wise JetSearch don't find files on the OS partition even with full rights. It work great with my other partitions / drives. On my C:/ OS partition, it only find 6 files ! (And I can only see a list  with these files, right click operation doesn't work)

Don't know how to do to fix that.

Could someone help me please ?

Edit : Same problem with my C:/ (OS)  and G:/ drives with Wise JetSearch 2.26   :( .

post-35989-0-43570300-1449258039_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with JetSearch 2.26.131 on a Windows 10 System.  It finds and searches all devices on USB ports but finds nothing on OS dirve C:\

I installed JetSearch using admin priv.  I run it with admin priv.  I am a registered user of Wise 365 PRO.

Tried ver 2.12.90 as suggested above.  No help.  Still get no results from C:\

Common Cleaner and System Slimming work, but Advanced Cleaner runs so fast (LESS than 1 second) without finding anything to remove.

Privacy Eraser, File/Folder Shredder, and Registry Cleaner work without problems.

Big Files Manager shows nothing on C: Drive, but does show files on USB Drives. Files that are both on USB and C: only show on USB with Big Files Manager..

Did the following:

1. Uninstalled 2.26.131 via Windows Uninstall

2. Killed "Jet Search Helper" via Task Manager

3. Deleted the ProgramFiles(x86)Wise/WiseJetSearch directory

4. Installed 2.01

Results:  Still does not search C: drive.

I have other programs, e.g. Q-Dir, Power Desk, PureSync, and others that need to access files/directories that run without any problems.

I will run ckdsk at next system restart.  I have it scheduled.  (Stay tuned).

CKDSK ran after reboot - Reinstalled ver 2.26.131 and now JetSearch finds C: Drive.  Log file attached.

Apparently some cleanup was done, but don't see any errors in the log.

Thank you Xilolee

C_Users_Ed_Documents_chkdskLogConverted.xps.pdf

I have got this problem two times (with advanced cleaner of WDC and WCare365), but I can't remember how I solved it the first time.
The second happened when I have used some defrag tools: I think they had corrupted the MFT (master file table), even though I'm not totally sure those programs were the culprits.
Solved with two or three chkdsk /R (and before that, tried various other things: I didn't want to reset/refresh/put an old system image!!!).

;)

I have used both Windows and Wisecare disk optomizers without (I think) problems.  What is interesting is Windows Search and PowerDesk Find had no problems finding directories or files on C.  Evidently there WAS a problem with the disk layout if a CHKDSK fixed it.  The log file only indicated a cleaning up of one file -  "Cleaning up instance tags for file 0 x 5875c".  No other errors or "cleaning up" in the log. 

So what ever the problem was it only affected JetSearch.  (?)

The log file only indicated a cleaning up of one file -  "Cleaning up instance tags for file 0 x 5875c".  No other errors or "cleaning up" in the log.

You've gotten also:

Stage3: Examining security descriptors...

Cleaning up 4997 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.

Cleaning up 4997 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.

Cleaning up 4997 unused security descriptors.

Security descriptor verification completed.

42131 data files processed.

• 3 months later...