I keep having to renew my cookies after a clean

Exfso

Hello,

I have the same issues.

I added folders that I don't want to delete, but they are always deleted, I c'ant add all the files of a folder in the exceptions (there is ~>5000 files), the total size is 5Go, then if I don't want to lose the data I need to recreate one or more hard links each time that I clean with wise care 365 -_-"

a better management of exceptions can be great, entering one after one the entries can be long… but I've just seen the exceptions files *.txt, need to take a look and try with my *.bat file lister : )

EDIT:

Just opened the "exclusions.dat" and all my files are in it… it's really strange that they are deleted.

I agree, I am running the free version, was tempted to get the pro, but needs to be more user friendly in my opinion.  It is a real pain when all my login stuff for forums is lost and I have to go through the whole process each time I do a clean

Hello,

I have the same issues.

I added folders that I don't want to delete, but they are always deleted, I c'ant add all the files of a folder in the exceptions (there is ~>5000 files), the total size is 5Go, then if I don't want to lose the data I need to recreate one or more hard links each time that I clean with wise care 365 -_-"

a better management of exceptions can be great, entering one after one the entries can be long… but I've just seen the exceptions files *.txt, need to take a look and try with my *.bat file lister : )

EDIT:

Just opened the "exclusions.dat" and all my files are in it… it's really strange that they are deIeted

Where did you add the folders in, Clean tab or Exclusion tab?

cleaner.png exclusion.png 

If Wisecleaner has cleaned your folders that you have added in exclusion list, please tell me where are those folders saved in? And what is "created one or more hard links"?

I agree, I am running the free version, was tempted to get the pro, but needs to be more user friendly in my opinion.  It is a real pain when all my login stuff for forums is lost and I have to go through the whole process each time I do a clean

Which browser do you use, IE/Chrome/Firefox...? and please tell me more details. We will test it.

Thanks.

Where did you add the folders in, Clean tab or Exclusion tab?

attachicon.gifcleaner.png attachicon.gifexclusion.png

If Wisecleaner has cleaned your folders that you have added in exclusion list, please tell me where are those folders saved in? And what is "created one or more hard links"?

I used the Exclusion list, and in the "Exclusion.txt" My folders and all they're contents are listed in it …but when I clean theses are "cleaned too", more like the folders are deleted, but it don't happen with my others files, then it's surely the Hard link that is the issue.

BUT like I said I use hard links, this type of files are "like" a regular "shortcut", then a link that redirect to a file/folder/etc… .

I use this to have more space on my main Hard Disk, for example some softwares need to be installed in the main drive, but I don't want to lose space, then I move the contents to my other drive and make a Hard Link in the original drive.

At the End I have 5Go on my secondary drive, and on the main less than 1ko space used.

Well there is more infos on hard links and the software that I use to create them (there is info on hard links too on this page).

Like I said, I have my heavy content on my other drive, and then added this folder to exclusions too, mainly I have 2 exclusions:

"C:\Programs…\Folder Name 1\" - My Hard Link of the folder path listed below, size less than 1ko.

"D:\Programs…\Folder Name 1\" - The folder that contain all data, size more than 5Go.

The problem is that "Hard links" don't have an extension like the shortcuts that have the "*.ink" file type, and then I can't add a file extension like the shortcuts… anyway for now, I just have to remake a hard link (I say hard link but it's a junction in fact), I don't lose data with this method, but a management of this type of files can be really great : )

I just did a clean again and had IE open it asked me if I wanted to shut down IE otherwise cache and cookies could not be cleaned, I said NO, but it still removed all  my cookies and I had to re-login to my sites including this one.

I did not use the advanced cleaner option..

@Jpotato

Did you use the Advanced Cleaner to clean drives (and ticked the option ' Find empty files')?

No I just added my exceptions, launched the main "Scan" and cleaning (the first tab to load when opening wise care), it's all.

@Jpotato

I looked up some relevant information, hard link only can be created in the same volume, but symbolic link can be created in different volumes. A folder cannot created a hard link, but can create a symbolic link or a junction.
So, actually you created a junction for the two folders. right?

Like I said, I have my heavy content on my other drive, and then added this folder to exclusions too, mainly I have 2 exclusions:

"C:\Programs…\Folder Name 1\" - My Hard Link of the folder path listed below, size less than 1ko.

"D:\Programs…\Folder Name 1\" - The folder that contain all data, size more than 5Go.

0.png

I did some tests. The test tool is Link Shell Extension 

link shell.png
1, C:\English and C:\German, I created hard links in C:\CommonFiles\
  Then created symbolic links in E:\Programs

1.png  2.png
2, The folder C:\Program Files\Skype\, I created a junction in E:\Programs\Skype\ , and created a symbolic link in E:\

3.png  4.png
3, Then I open wise care 365, click PC Checkup and clean.

5.png  6.png

When the cleaning was done, I checked all files and links (symbolic links, hard links), all files/folder were ok. Hard links, symbolic liks and junction were there.

If I did wrong, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jpotato

I looked up some relevant information, hard link only can be created in the same volume, but symbolic link can be created in different volumes. A folder cannot created a hard link, but can create a symbolic link or a junction.

So, actually you created a junction for the two folders. right?

attachicon.gif0.png

I did some tests. The test tool is Link Shell Extension 

attachicon.giflink shell.png

1, C:\English and C:\German, I created hard links in C:\CommonFiles\

Then created symbolic links in E:\Programs

attachicon.gif1.png  attachicon.gif2.png

2, The folder C:\Program Files\Skype\, I created a junction in E:\Programs\Skype\ , and created a symbolic link in E:\

attachicon.gif3.png  attachicon.gif4.png

3, Then I open wise care 365, click PC Checkup and clean.

attachicon.gif5.png  attachicon.gif6.png

When the cleaning was done, I checked all files and links (symbolic links, hard links), all files/folder were ok. Hard links, symbolic liks and junction were there.

If I did wrong, please let me know.

Hello,

I totaly forgot one important thing, the "junction link" deleted after cleaning is in my "C:\windows\$user name$\app data\local\temp" it's a folder that contain temporary downloaded files, but the problem is that I need theses files if I don't want to re-download them all.

My others files, folders, or "hard links-like" files are not deleted if they are not in this temporary system folder.

A folder cannot created a hard link, but can create a symbolic link or a junction.

Yeah I used a symbolic link at first, but I use only junction now.

It's strange that this junction is deleted, I have other exceptions in my list (like one to always keep my user picture in the system temp folder) and they work, really don't know the real problem.

@Jpotato,

Hello,

I totaly forgot one important thing, the "junction link" deleted after cleaning is in my "C:\windows\$user name$\app data\local\temp" it's a folder that contain temporary downloaded files, but the problem is that I need theses files if I don't want to re-download them all.

My others files, folders, or "hard links-like" files are not deleted if they are not in this temporary system folder.

The system temporary folder is the default cleaning area, if you don't want to clean it, you should add it in exclusion list. (see image temp.png)

But, in my test, wisecleaner just remove files/folders in the temp folder, but don't delete the junction link. 

post-45-0-66517600-1435567344_thumb.png

@Exfso,

IE cookies isn't the default cleaning item, wisecleaner won't clean it, except you have tick it.

I just did a clean again and had IE open it asked me if I wanted to shut down IE otherwise cache and cookies could not be cleaned, I said NO, but it still removed all  my cookies and I had to re-login to my sites including this one.

I did not use the advanced cleaner option..

We will check it, and improve it in next update.

Thank you for your feedback.