Update KB3010788 and KB3013455 Fails

I ran sfc/ scannow and window resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Then I ran a windows repair disc

startup repair and it wasn't able to repair. Then I ran the Windows 7 Pro upgrade installation an that wouldn't work because I dont have enough space on my SSD C drive and because I have Sp1 installed. Is there another way to repair these corrupted files? I also tried windows update hotfix tools. Are these updates that important? Otherwise my computer is running fine.

error codes 80073712 and 800b0100

Operating system:Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) Service Pack 1

System root: C:Windows

Available physical memory: 18423 MB

CPU: Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

Drive Info:

C: 74.43 GB

S: 1863.01 GB

T: 931.51 GB

Internet Explorer: 11.0

Launch these commands from an elevated command prompt (and check if the problem is solved):

regsvr32 Softpub.dll /s  
regsvr32 Wintrust.dll /s  
regsvr32 Initpki.dll /s 
regsvr32 Mssip32.dll /s

How to run an elevated command prompt for Windows vista/seven users

One of these three methods:

- click start, all programs, accessories, right-click the command prompt in the list and click run as administrator, click yes on the user account control window that should appear

- click start, type cmd in the searchbox, right-click the cmd in the list of results and click run as administrator, click yes on the user account control window that should appear

- click start, type cmd in the searchbox, press and keep pressed ctrl + shift Keys on your keyboard, then press enter, click yes on the user account control window that should appear

Is that file present on your pc?

Does it work now?

If it doesn't:

Download and run

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [October 2014]

From an elevated command prompt, launch (Windows installation cd could be necessary):

sfc /scannow
Wait till it finishes (15-50 minutes).

If the final result is equal to Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations or equal to Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log, launch this command:

copy %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log "%userprofile%\desktop\CheckSUR.txt"
After it, you should find checkSUR.txt on your desktop: post it here.

Instead if the final result of the SFC TOOL is equal to Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log, launch both the previous command in the code above AND also this command:

copy %SYSTEMROOT%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\desktop\cbs.txt" && findstr /c:"[SR]" "%userprofile%\desktop\cbs.txt" > "%userprofile%\desktop\SR.txt"
After those two commands, you should find three files on your desktop: checkSUR.txt, cbs.txt and SR.txt: post here the checkSUR.txt and the sr.txt.

If the last command won't work, try these (one by one):

copy %SYSTEMROOT%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\desktop\cbs.txt"
findstr /c:"[SR]" "%userprofile%\desktop\cbs.txt" > "%userprofile%\desktop\SR.txt"

How to run an elevated command prompt for Windows vista/seven users

One of these three methods:

- click start, all programs, accessories, right-click the command prompt in the list and click run as administrator, click yes on the user account control window that should appear

- click start, type cmd in the searchbox, right-click the cmd in the list of results and click run as administrator, click yes on the user account control window that should appear

- click start, type cmd in the searchbox, press and keep pressed ctrl + shift Keys on your keyboard, then press enter, click yes on the user account control window that should appear

Create a system restore point (in case of troubles...).

Download the attached file package.zip (these files will replace your corrupted KB installations reported by your SURT log, i.e. checkSUR.log), extract the files on your desktop and launch these commands (from an elevated command prompt):

mkdir %SYSTEMROOT%\CheckSUR\packages
move "%userprofile%\desktop\*.msu" %SYSTEMROOT%\CheckSUR\packages
Then, re-run the SURT (system update Readiness tool) and, after SURT finished its task!, this command:

copy %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log "%userprofile%\desktop\CheckSUR.txt"
After it, you should find checkSUR.txt on your desktop: post it here.

If something won't work as expected, post here the failure...

They matter, if you like to see "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations" after using the SFC tool.
Otherwise, those aren't files needed to run your OS.
You should only know that those files will result missing or "corrupted", after using the SFC tool.

I'm going also to mark this topic as solved.