Accessing Wline Contacts

My contacts on Windows Live e-mail account are inaccessible although they are visable on my online e-mail account.

When I go to access contacts on my wlive account, I get message: "Your e-mail account has no contacts. Add a contact or sign in with the Windows Live ID you use for messenger and Hotmail to see those contacts."

I don't use messenger but did use WLive ID to no avail.

I have already uninstalled & reinstalled WLive to fix but apparently that was not the resolution to this error.

Operating system:Microsoft Windows XP (32 bit) Service Pack 3

System root: C:WINDOWS

Available physical memory: 254 MB

CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.06GHz

Drive Info:

C: 74.50 GB

Internet Explorer: 8.0

Hi, Thank you very much for your suggeston.  I didn't think disabling firewall would be a viable long term solution to this particular problem owing to the risks but did add e-mail & contacts to firewall exception list.  That didn't work however.  Are there other ideas please?  Thank you again.

I figured out how to import a copy of my contacts list to my windows live account.  Since my online e-mail showed the contacts, I signed on to my online e-mail account, clicked "people," "manage," "import," save ".csv" file to my computer.  Then, I signed in to my windows live mail, went to my contacts, selected to import the ".csv" file I'd saved and thereby transferred the contacts to my windows live account. Hope this is helpful to anyone who might have a similar problem.