WiseDataRecovery feature requests, bug reports, updated translations

Wise Data Recovery - cannot get disk information

Hi,

I have external WD NTFS hard drive which was used as a backup drive for domain controlled Windows 7 laptop. Recently I have system reinstalled and moved to another laptop under the same domain username. Now I'm trying to restore several accidentally deleted files from external hard drive using Wise Data Recovery.

After selecting drive and pressing scan I receive error message saying "Error - Cannot get disk information"

Permissions were checked and forcedly set to a new user and then to Everyone full access. But this did not solve the problem.

CHKDSK was run but no error, just fixed some index entries.

Any hint or idea how to solve this and get scanning done?

Hi,

Installed WIse Disk Cleaner,It does not recognize Backup Drive, but also there is no errorlog.txt in mentioned folder or in any folders related to Wise Disk Cleaner

Windows search provided 2 files named errorlog.txt, from path I suppose they are not related to Wise

C:\ProgramData\NetClean Technologies\NetClean ProActive for Windows\Error\errorlog.txt

C:\Users\All Users\NetClean Technologies\NetClean ProActive for Windows\Error\errorlog.txt

Okay.

Please download this file - WiseDiskCleaner.zip, extract it, copy WiseDiskCleaner.exe and paste it into wise disk cleaner installation folder (cover the old one)

Then open it and check, whether the Advanced Cleaner can recognize the Backup drive, or you can see the errorlog.txt in %appdata%\Wise Disk Cleaner

Thanks!

WiseDiskCleaner.zip

Wise Disk Cleaner Run At 28.04.2015 17:17:00
=======================================================================
A error found:Read drive:F error.

Wise Disk Cleaner Run At 28.04.2015 17:17:00
=======================================================================
A error found:The drive - F has a unknow file system.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Lost Partition (Wise Data Recovery)

Dear Admin,

I am using legacy P-III, 866 MHz single processor, 2 hard drives (Primary and Secondary One of them (the effected) is of Samsung SV) with Windows 2003 Server SP-2 without any UPS. I had some virus infections due to which I was unable to use safe mode option. I tried MS anti malware utility during which a electric power surge and break down occured. On restoration of power computer started with Scandisk screen and message "File record Segment" (From 25-29, one line after another) "unable to read" Deleting Index entry etc. etc. When booting and login completed I was unable to find one partition (F:) with NTFS file system. Although I was still able to see the lost partition in My Computer with the Drive letter but without volume size, used space or free space. I used different parition and data recovery tools which were recognizing the lost files. These tools were requiring some payment before recovery or were offering limited file(s) in free. I used your "Wise Data Recovey Ver.:3.82.199". It has perhaps limitation that it only recognizes healthy partitions only as it does not show the lost partition/drive. Kindly advise what to do

post-35818-0-63198600-1446664954_thumb.jpg

post-35818-0-24096800-1446665078_thumb.jpg

Hey browncamel,

The message "File record Segment" (From 25-29, one line after another) "unable to read", means the disk has bad segments. all saved files were lost. some software can segregate these bad segments, then you could continue to use the disk, But it is not safe, someday you may lost the whole disk. We suggest you to change a new disk.

Wise Data Recovery is a free software, it just supports a simple data recovery, can't do the deep scan and recovery. Sorry, we can't help you. Please try other programs.

• 3 months later...