Wise Folder Hider- Unhide Problem..Folder Gone

Deem

Hi, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and had an up to date Wise Folder Hider.

Here's the problem:

1. I opened WFH and un-hid my folder which then immediately popped open as normal..

2. I accidentally then closed WFH, so the folder I had just opened went blank, which has happened to me before.

3. In the past all I would have to do is open up WFH again and unhide the folder again and everything would be fine... so I did

However, this time when I tried to un-hide the folder I got the message "can't unhide folder."

4. Okay, so I close everything again thinking that this is just some random error, but when I open WFH it shows no folders being currently hidden.

Hmmm.. now.. this has ALSO happened to me before and I would just have re-hide the folder but now the folder is gone from it's original place as if it        were still hidden.

So there is no original folder and WFH is showing that it's not currently hiding anything...wtf?

I've looked through the forums and tried using Wise Data Recovery as suggested here: http://forum.wisecleaner.com/index.php?/topic/8-how-to-get-back-the-wfh-files/

but when using that program there is no folder "...." since WFH is showing that it's technically not hiding anything...

So.. not really sure what to do now. It seems like through some weird series of events my folder has been magically deleted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Try to search it through a (simple) command prompt, using this command:

dir /a /b /s D:\folder
(D stands for DRIVE)
Example (it shows that the command can be run from every path):

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender>dir /a /b /s c:\cbs

c:\Windows\Logs\CBS

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender>

post-11233-0-69916400-1414222632_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately nothing has been unhidden.

I have preformed several searches and turned up nothing.

I used R-Studios to see if I could recover the files and have found some of them but it is hard to find all the files since the files I did find were bunched up in "extra found files" which included over 20,000 files.

What I did notice though, while doing a recovery scan, was this directory path:

C:\Root\IIIIIII\?\hidefolder\hide\

In the folder "hide" there are files called:
91B49m01
1BAD3m01
3D04cm01
54E19d01
_config.ini

I recovered the file _config.ini and opened in notepad and the file contains (I censored using ****):

[French]
Path=C:\Users\******\Documents\******\

CreateDate=25/8/2014
PassWord=
IsDir=1

French is the name of the folder that was hidden..

I don't really know where to go from here though, other then just searching through a recovery scan including 100,000+ files and picking out the ones that are missing.

• 1 month later...

Schade nix auf Deutsch... ok

Well, i`m updated yesterday WFH to version 3.11... today i want to look in my hidden WFH folders but from my 4 hidden folders only one of them is to see. 3 folders gone and i don`t know how can i restore my Folders back?

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Thanks for help

I tried WDR but it only shows me this one folder which works.... where are my other folders???? :-((((

@jochen,

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologize for this bug, the latest version 3.12 has fixed it.

Please use following method to restore your folders:

1, unhide current hided  files/folders that you can see in wise folder hider.

2, uninstall wise folder hider v3.11

3, download and run Wise Data Recovery to recover the lost files/folders 

run wise data recovery->choose partition->click Scan->find files/folders, and select it->click Recover

4, download and install the latest v3.12 wise folder hider, to hide your files again.

In order to express our apologies, we will offer you a Wise Care 365 (1 PC/Lifetime) license key. Please send a message to us (in this forum), or you can contact our support staff [email protected]